Epilogue

Months later...

"You ready?" Wade asked.

"Ready as I'll ever be," she said, staring down at the bundle in her arms. Their baby decided to make an early appearance, two weeks early to be exact. As she stared at her precious jewel, she couldn't imagine ever giving her up. How did her parents find the strength to do it? The love in her heart for her daughter was beyond words. She couldn't even find anything close to describing it.

Life was so funny. A year ago she believed she would never have a baby, and as far as she knew, she was just a human. Now, here she was, part of a royal family of mermaids, and it just blew her mind. It was something she was still trying to wrap her head around. And she was holding her firstborn, wrapped in kelp of all things.

Wade opened the door in front of them, which led to the platform, overlooking the great hall. Crowds were gathered in the room, awaiting their appearance. The queen was already there, addressing the crowd, wearing in her royal seashell crown.

"Today we celebrate my daughter's 24th birthday. As you know, we sent her to the surface shortly after she was born, due to a threat from the outcasts. My hubby, may he rest in peace," she said, the crowd echoing her sentiment, "made a spur of the moment decision years ago that has brought her back to us a little earlier than planned. Thankfully, the threat of the outcasts has been eliminated; thus, we welcome her home with great joy."

The crowd cheered at her pronouncement.

"My daughter and son-in-law fought them and defeated them," Queen Talise said. "And now together, as we all gather to celebrate her birthday, we also want to take a moment to introduce to you the newest addition to the royal family. May I present my daughter, Princess Nerina Anastasia Albion, my son-in-law, Wade Douglas, and their firstborn daughter, Princess Nixie Cordelia Albion."

"Here we go," Wade said, holding out his arm.

She stepped out onto the platform, staring at all the faces in the crowd. They were her people. This was her kingdom and one day she would rule over them. Hopefully she could live up to the family name and honor the man she never had a chance to meet, her father, King Dathan, and the man she would never forget, Kyle Winters.

THE END

****

A/N

I just want to say thank you for taking  the time to read my story through to the end. I hope you enjoyed following Nerina and Wade on their perilous journey back to Atlantis.

If you haven't already, I hope you will take a moment to vote, and I would love to hear your thoughts on the story.

Thanks again for sticking around. Have a great day! :)