Flirt~ 5 Unwanted Desire

[Don't forget to vote and comment!]

~♡♥~

Holy. Fucking. Hell.

How could I have possibly forgotten something as important as our anniversary?! I felt like a complete and total piece of shit. Our six-month anniversary was on the Thursday I planned to take Danny out on the date! I knew I should have gone on a nice date with Kenny and let him know how much I loved him, but a part of me wanted to go through with that plan.

I wished I could just postpone our little "studying" session but Sasha and I had already made reservations. The restaurant was actually full, but Sasha gave the place a few wise words and made them change their minds. There was no possible way for us to reserve another day. Fuck my life. When Kenny mentioned our anniversary, I froze. I had no idea how to react to forgetting it - The day we first kissed.

Kenny drove in complete silence and I couldn't bear to look at him. How could I? I was such an idiot. I hated myself at that moment. I've never forgotten until now. I just felt so bad. Stupid Alexander! Why couldn't I have stopped placing Daniel above all of my priorities? I could have realized that Kenny and Felicia became friends. I could have realized that I had to finish my homework! ... Okay that never would have happened anyway. But I could have remembered that my fucking anniversary was in three days!

"Alex," Felicia said from the backseat of the car. "It's okay to forget your anniversary. You probably just had so much on your mind and didn't have time to focus on your life. It's alright if it happens. I've forgotten anniversaries before, and my relationships lasted pretty well after. You made little mistake-"

"No," I snapped. "It isn't a little mistake! I forgot one of the most important days of my life!" I glanced at Kenny and his jaw was tightening and loosening. He was getting angry. The way his eyes hardened and focused sharply on the road wasn't too pleasant. And his knuckles were white from gripping the steering wheel too tight. It was all my fault.

"Alex..." Her voice trailed off and we returned to our awkward silence. Daniel sat quietly next to Felicia, gazing out the window thoughtfully. What was on his mind? Probably thinking up more ways for me to fall for him. Jackass. He better not come on to me today, I thought bitterly. Or ever again. His stupid flirting had done enough damage, and we just met a few days ago! I just wished I had never met him! He'd always get close to me whenever we were alone.  He liked to tease me with his stupid hotness and taunt my hormones with the way he spoke. Whenever I tried to retaliate, it always failed horribly and Danny always got the upper hand. I just needed a chance to show him that he can't always take things he wants without permission. I wanted him to know he couldn't have me.

We returned home and everyone got out of the car except Kenny and I. Nobody said anything to the both of us as they quickly scurried out. When Danny and Felicia we're both gone, I turned to Kenny. His eyes were still locked forward, even though he wasn't driving.

"Baby... baby I'm so sorry. I can't even explain how much shit I feel like right now," I apologized.

"Why did you forget?" he asked quietly. I hesitated and bit my lip. I wasn't going to tell him about anything that had happened recently. I couldn't shatter his fragile heart anymore than I already had. He didn't deserve any of what was happening to him.

"Alex," Kenny shouted angrily, making me jump in fear. "Why did you forget?!"

"I... I just have so much on my mind right now. It slipped my mind Kenny, I swear!" I felt a disgusting feeling of guilt and regret rise in my chest. The regret of flirting with another guy and the horrible guilt of forgetting our anniversary. I never should have asked him out to dinner! I never should have let him touch me! If that had never happened, I wouldn't have forgotten such an important date. Damn him.