Flirt~ 12 The Tale of Bartholomew McFricker

"Dammit Angel," I shouted over the heated screams of hatred behind us. "Can you run any slower?!"

My chest was on fire and my legs were ready to give out any second. I knew I should have taken track earlier this year! Who knew that one day I'd end up running from an angry mob of old ladies and park staff members with my ex-boyfriend? I sure didn't!

"Shut up Alex, it's not my fault the statue collapsed!" Angel retorted, trying to maintain his slow speed.

I looked behind me and among the many wrinkled faces shouting severe obscenities at the both of us, I swear I saw someone with a torch and a pitchfork.

"Jeez, for someone as physically built as yourself, you are slow as hell!" I teased as the wind angrily whipped my face. It was probably just as infuriated as the mob of pissed off grannies chasing us.

The large trees and bushes that resided in the park seemed to whiz past us as we ran for our lives. The beautiful aroma that once captivated me didn't even cross my mind. As a matter of fact, my brain was focused on only one word, run.

It would be a while before we were out of this place and away from the estranged elderly; this park was huge! And I don't mean tennis court size, I'm talking about two football fields combined with Nicki Minaj's ass - and that's saying a lot.

"This is why you shouldn't touch things that don't belong to you, bimbo!" Angel yelled, running up to my side. His beautiful face was sweaty and flushed from sprinting for so long. His damp hair clung to his forehead, bouncing up and down from the top for dear life, which heightened his sexiness. "How long are we going to keep running? Eventually I'm gonna pass out!"

I would have probably met the same fate as him because I had never ran that much in my entire life - not even when I was trying to get away from my neighbor's pet Chihuahua, Skittles; and I was running pretty fast.

"How about you refrain from focusing on how long our run will be and move your ass!" I demanded.

Why were we running to save our pathetic asses? Oh, well it's simple. It wasn't anyone's fault... okay it might have had little bit to do with Angel and me... okay more like a lot. What started out as a simple stroll in the park became something a lot more eventful. If I weren't so damn touchy feely, maybe we would still walking and talking about my problems.

I guess I should get into the adventurous escapade now...

The sweet aroma of lavender and rose drifted through the park as we made our way into the grassy, tree adorned field we called, McFricker's Park. Yes, McFricker's was the name of the place. It was named after some really old guy who did something special for some poor people, I think.

"Oh my gosh!" I exclaimed in awe. "This place is so beautiful." I clasped my hands together and took in the amazing setting around me. I hadn't been to that place since I was really young! So many memories were flooding back into my mind...

I was swinging in the arms of a smiling man, his bright hazel eyes looking happily into mine. Laughter poured from my mouth continuously as he swung me round and round, chuckling with me.

"Whooo! The Alex airplane is swinging higher!" he said in a playful voice. I looked over and a vaguely familiar woman came trotting up to us.

"Clark, oh my God put him down! You might hurt him!" she cried, waving her arms frantically. Her face was ridden with worry and beside her, a brown haired toddler was skipping toward us as well, a smile plastered on her little face.

The man - who went by the name of Clark - slowly brought the swinging to a halt, saddening me a bit. I was having fun for a little while, clearly this woman didn't know that.