Ikumi Mito X Critic Male Reader (Food Wars)

This was requested by @ArkhamHood99 not entirely sure how well I did on this but I tried. I hope you enjoy it though it is fairly shorter than anything else I wrote I think, I can't help it it's like 4 AM an I need some sleep.

"You made all of this," Soma asked.

"Yeah, I had some free time and everyone was sleeping so I thought I would make breakfast for everyone," Ikumi said pridefully," I specialize in meat but that doesn't mean I can't cook other dishes."

"Hey (Y/N), stop writing in that notebook of yours and come eat," Sakaki said.

"I'm noting the dishes you insisted I try last night," I replied.

"I swear you take it too seriously," Yoshino said.

"Oh, then you won't mind if I stop tasting your food," I said tauntingly.

"N-n-no,  please. You know I need the criticism," she exclaimed.

"I forgot all about that, tell me what you think alright," Ikumi shouted.

"I warn you I will not hold back," I said bluntly shutting my notebook.

-

The dishes were laid out neatly on the table. I watched as (Y/N) walked around the table with a serious expression. He eyed the food on the table carefully, observing every detail of the food. I couldn't help but feel slightly nervous at his gaze. I always admired him for his talent with food. Even Erina and Alice Nakiri asked him to taste their food.

Everyone gathered their food slightly after (Y/N) was done examining it. They sat at a nearby table and began to eat, well some ate others inhaled. I watched as they ate and glanced at (Y/N) gathering food, making sure that he had at least one of everything.

"THIS IS DELICIOUS NIKUMI," Soma shouted.

"I told you to stop calling me that," I sighed.

"But he isn't wrong,"  Tadokoro replied.

"But," Sakaki started, glancing at (Y/N), "he can be ruthless."

Everyone gave a slight shiver at the thought. It was true, he rarely gave out a compliment and found fault in every dish. He found faults in every dish the Nakiri family had served to him.  He was feared by everyone when it came to food. (Y/N) had a fun, outgoing personality but when it came to food he becomes a ruthless monster who shows no mercy.

We all stared at him as he sat at the table started to examine the food once more and tasting it. I felt my face heat up as I watched him. He looked so dignified and confident in everything he did.  I felt nervous and I could feel the tension he was creating, and I'm sure everyone else could as well. The room was completely silent as he finished his food and quickly wrote a few things in his notebook, before standing up.

"S-s-s-so what do you think (Y/N)," Erina stammered.

He let out a sigh and wrote quickly wrote in his notebook once again.

"I know you thought it was great, right (Y/N)," Soma said trying to seem calm.

His normally gentle eyes were piercing daggers and could send shivers down anyone spine. His face remained completely void of emotion causing us all to shake in fear and anxiety. He looked at his notes once more and looked over at the leftover food on the table before looking at all of us.

"Where do I start," he said in an annoyed tone, "the pancakes were dry and heavy, not to mention that the browning was uneven, meaning you used too much fat when cooking. Second, the eggs were overcooked and salty, they looked unappetizing and had a horrible texture. Next, the hash browns were burnt and left a horrendous aftertaste. Moving on to the presentation of the food, aside from the discoloring on most of the dishes, they were not presented in an appetizing way, causing me to lose the desire to eat. Lastly, the food made was plain and lacked any interesting aspects. It is something that a child could create at home, not something a Toutski student would make. The only redeeming part of the food was the sausage and bacon. This isn't really a meal that anyone would want more of after they've eaten it once. If this is the best you can do that's not meat I suggest you stick to what you know."

He finished closing the notebook and looking at the table again.

"And if you don't believe me, well the proof is on the table now isn't it," he stated walking out of the room.

We all stood around in silence. I just stared at the doorway trying to comprehend what he had just said. As I looked over to Tadokoro I could see she was trying to find what to say to try to comfort me, as well as a few others. Erina sighed and broke the silence.

"Truth be told I agree with him," she said bluntly," but that  doesn't mean you are a bad cook."

"Uh, yeah,"  I said trying to clear my head.

"He's always like that you know," Yoshino said," and I saw you blushing when he was eating your food."

"I-I-I-I-I w-w-was not," I stammered.

"Oh does Nikumi like (Y/N)," Soma said tauntingly, " then we should help her so she can impress him."

"N-no I want to do it on my own," I declared.

-

It has been two weeks and I have tried every dish that Ikumi has shoved towards me. She hasn't stopped since the first time I had tried her food.  It was honestly annoying and fun at the same time. On one hand I kept breaking her down with harsh words as she gave me half baked dishes but on the other hand, I got to hang out with the girl I had fallen for.

"So what do you think," she asked with a hint of pink dusting her cheeks.

"It's plain," I said getting up.

"You're not even going to tell me what's wrong with it," she shouted in annoyance.

"Why should I? You should be able to figure out what's wrong with the dish. did you even taste it," I asked in a harsh tone.

"How am I supposed to make it better if you don't tell me what's wrong with it," she asked in almost a shout.

"If you can't figure it out, then again stick to what you know, or else don't continue classes here, you won't be able to get any further," I said harshly.

"WHY DO YOU CARE," she shouted with tears streaming down her face.

I hated seeing this. I knew my words were tearing her apart but I wanted to help her. I watched as she cried hitting the table. She was standing over the plate of food I had not finished with her tears dropping onto the plate making an audible ding. I walked behind her and hugged her as she cried. I could feel her jump at my touch but slowly relax as she turned around and wrapped her arms around me still sobbing.

"I care because I want you to be successful," I whispered, " because I love you."

"You idiot," she said through sobs hitting me lightly," you know I fell for you too."