Cecilia Alcott X Reader

"Sir you have a visitor," my father's assistant informed.

"And who would that be," I asked.

"She instructed that I do not inform you of her identity only clarify that she is a she," he explained.

"I seem to be free for a few moments let them in," I instructed.

"As you wish sir," he stated as he gestured for her to enter.

"Fortune, I didn't know you were coming or home for that matter," I smiled.

"Yeah, I'm back," she smiled as she turned toward my father's assistant," that will be all, we're fine now."

He excused himself with a nod as Fortune gestured for him to let her close the door. She simple smiled at him as he walked down the hall and gave me a brief subtle glare. A small glare, but it was enough to make me want to run and hide.

"Congratulations," she simply stated.

"So you've heard," I started.

"I wasn't finished," she interrupted as she slammed the door," you have created a new kind of idiotic."

"I didn't mean to," I mumbled.

"Again, I wasn't finished," she continued, "let's review, you listened to an order from your father and got engaged to some random girl, while already in a relationship with Cecilia. And to top it all of you didn't tell her and she found out when your father reported it to the press."

"I never wanted to hurt her," I whispered clenching my fist.

"Do you know why I can do what I do? It's because I listen to no one but myself," Fortune explained as she picked up a picture of me and Cecilia," I live by my standards, I'm no one's puppet. So yeah, congratulations."

"I HAD TO SACRIFICE MYSELF AND LISTEN TO MY FATHER FOR HER FUTURE," I snapped.

"Sacrifice," Fortune questioned as she glared at me over her shoulder.

I gulped as she calmly placed the picture down.

"I didn't come home for you," she informed.

"Why then," I asked shaking.

"I know you better than you know yourself," she stated as she pinned me to the wall holding my collar," and you've known Cecilia as long as you. I know both of you better than I know my own mind. And she smiled so sincerely when she told me she loved you. So I supported her."

"This is for her," I replied trying to push her off.

"Do you know why I'm doing this," she asked slamming back once more," it's because I am choosing to take her side. I'm choosing to believe you are nothing but your father's puppet. Do you even know where Cecilia is? She's at her home crying her eyes out because her heart is broken. Because the person who supposedly loves her is engaged to someone else but could still look her in the eye and tell her 'I love you.'"

I let out a heavy sigh as Fortune released her grip on me.

"I meant it and always will," I wheezed.

"Really," she asked," because everyone else can tell you otherwise. Stop being so idiotic and start thinking for yourself. Cecilia is the best thing that has ever happened to you, if you lose her you'll have nothing left."

"Won't I still have you," I asked.

"I can't promise I'll still always be there for you if you continue living this way," she stated as she headed towards the door.

"Tell her I'm sorry," I instructed.

"Congratulations, on creating a new kind of idiotic," Fortune stated as she walked out," a heartbreaking kind of idiotic."

I walked over to my desk and slumped down in my chair. I ran my hands through my hair as I tried to think of what to do. I let out a sigh as I reached for my phone and dialed Cecilia's number. I sat there staring at it as my prior conversation echoed in my head. I nervously pressed call and waited as the phone rang and went to voicemail.

"I know it's stupid but I thought you were going to pick up. Cecilia, I messed up. I messed up big. I know there's nothing I can do to get you to forgive me but I'm sorry. I'm so sorry," I said as  started crying," I know you probably won't believe me but I really do love you. More than anything in this world. And I, I shouldn't even be doing this over the phone. I should be there with you talking to you."

I hung up and ran out of the office.

-

"Cecilia, please I just want to talk to you," I shouted.

I made my way to her house and was let in by one of the cleaners. I've been standing in front of her bedroom door for almost two hours. The only response I would get is her shouting at me to leave. I took a small step back as her door slowly opened.

"You know the worst thing you can do to a girl is convince her you love her and then leave without saying a word," Cecilia informed.

I was speechless as I looked at her. Her eyes were bloodshot. Her nose was red and her cheeks were stained with tears.

"Aren't you going to say something," she asked.

"I'm so sorry," I mumbled.

"That's it," she scoffed as she started to close the door.

"Wait," I said placing my hand to block her from closing the door," In calling of the wedding, the engagement, everything. I've chosen to not listen to my father anymore."

"And yet I don't believe you," she replied.

"You know I love you," I asked,"right?"

"Do you," she asked," because lately it seems like the opposite."

"You're all the world to me. I can't do it without you. I still have to tell you that I love you," I explained," the first time we kissed seemed so magical to me. I want to stay with you, no matter what comes next. You and me together because you're my future. You told me in sad and happy times I'm the one you think about. I want to always be the one you think about. I want to be in your mind as much as you are in mine. I don't want to live without you any longer. I'd give anything for you to comeback to me."

Cecilia looked at me with tears in her eyes. I sighed in defeat. Knowing I said everything I needed to I turned to walk away feeling as if I didn't have a chance of her forgiving me. That was until I felt someone wrap their arms around me and bury their face into my back.

"I don't forgive you entirely yet," Cecilia mumbled," you hurt me too much for me to forgive you right now. But I love you too much to let you walk away."

"I love you too,"I replied as I turned to hug her placing a kiss on her head.

"I'm willing to start all over and try this again," she stated," if that's alright with you."

"Anything to get you back," I smiled.