3: You Won't See Me

"I can't believe that you, not only convinced me to go to this party, but to also use this stupid costume" I complain. "Aw, sweetie but it looks so good on you! And besides, it's the only thing that fits you. You know, being all thin and tiny" Sally replied with a smile. I sighed. "And what's with the masks?" "Well darling, it's a fancy costume party, don't you see?" Tom answered, pointing at the big mansion we were heading to. "God, I'm going to regret this" I whispered. "C'mon! Cheer up! Maybe you'll meet a rich boy and you won't work for the rest of your life!" Sally tried to convince me. I could saw her wink at me through her mask. "Here we are, ladies!" Tom announced. We were at some huge door that was open. I could see that it was followed by a even bigger corridor and I could hear music and people chatting. A man in a suit with a white mask was at the entrance with a list in his hands. "Ehm, Tom Gale" Said Sally's boyfriend in the best rich man voice he could do. The man looked quickly at the list. "Oh yes, good evening Mr. Gale. I assume you brought some company?" The man looked at us with a smile on his face. "Uh, yes, they told me I could. It's that okay?" He hesitated. "Of course, a gentleman can't have too much good company." The doorman replied. "Come in, the party has already started. Have fun mister. Ladies." He bowed. I sighed. "Thanks!" Sally answered excited. We proceed to enter the party.

Being in such luxurious and big place, made me feel poor (well at least more than usual) and really tiny. Although the place was the seize of a country, it was filled. Millions of people wearing expensive costumes, with fancy hair, and rich looks. I felt out of my place. I didn't belong there. And there where so many people. I started to panic. I looked at Sally anxiously. "Please Sal, don't leave me alone! I can't socialize with these people!" I begged. "Oh relax, I'll be here with you, all the time!" She replied. I took a big breath of calm. "Okay, what should be do? Get a drink? Talk? Dance? At least there's good music, isn't Sal?" I said to her as I looked besides me. She was gone. "Perfect. Damnit Sally! You must be kissing with Tom somewhere. You bitch" I whispered to myself with anger. I looked at the entrance with anxious. "Should I leave?" I asked myself. Then I remember the pain in the ass that I went through just to look 'Fine' for the party. "There's no way I'm going. Okay, just relax. I desperately need a drink" I decided and made my way to the bar. When I arrived, the barman, dressed like a joker gave me a smile. "What can I offer you, milady?" He asked with a mysterious voice. "A scotch, dry please." "Well, well, I didn't know that princess from storybooks took their juice strong" He said ironically while he was pouring the drink. "A fine whiskey, with a unique taste and a rich smell." He added, winking at me. "Thanks" I replied sharply. "Fucking Snow White costume." I said to myself. I zipped some whiskey. "Ah, this is good. I haven't drink something like this in ages!" I said, without noticing that I said it out loud. "Well, after all, you live in the woods with seven little lads, don't you? I can't think where you would find a good drink there" A british accent voice took me for surprise. I was done with the Snow White jokes. I turned around to face the asshole and tell him to take a long walk on a short port. But after I turned, everything went awfully different.