5: And Your Bird Can Sing

John's POV

My head and body ached. I needed water. I opened my eyes and stood up. I was sleeping on the couch. "That's why my body hurts...How I ended up here?" I thought. I looked around. Ringo was snorting, full asleep in a chair. I looked in the rooms. Paul and George where sleeping too, each one on their beds. I went to the living room and looked for some water. But there was nothing. Not even a glass. I noticed that I still was wearing the suit we borrowed from the lads of the room service. "Room service, that's what I need." I said and reached the phone. Before I started to dial, a horrible noise filled the room. Someone was knocking on the door. Bad luck that I already knew who was. "LENNON! ARE YOU THERE!? OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR!" Eppy yelled. I couldn't stand that noise anymore, so, knowing that only trouble was coming, I opened the door anyway. There he was, Eppy, all angry and sweaty. "What you want swine?" I asked. "WHAT I WANT? I WANT TO KNOW WHERE THE BLOODY HELL WHERE YOU ALL BEEN LAST NIGHT!" He replied, not lowing his voice. "Relax, Eppy, we just hanged out. Y'know, to relax a bit." I said to him in the nicest way I could. He began to tremble. "Just hanging out!?! What if anyone saw you!? Did you get in trouble? Because I promise Lennon, if you where in trouble and the news-" "Relax, Brian, we didn't get in trouble. We went to a costume party. Nobody even recognized us." Paul appeared to help me out. Eppy took a big breath. He seemed to be relaxing. "May this be the last time you disappeared like this! Wake the others! You've got a conference meeting in twenty minutes!" He finished and excited the room. Ringo suddenly jump from the chair. "Wha-what happened? Are we in trouble?" He asked sleepily. "Don't worry Ringo, just fresh up, we got to go" Paul answered. "Bloody hell, I can't take this anymore!" I thought.

George's POV

After a boring day of conferences, and singing autographs, and more rubbish, we finally got into the car to head back to the hotel. "Where are we going now?" Ringo asked. "To the hotel, of course" Brian replied. "Yeah, but this isn't the way to the hotel, y'know?" I added. "I don't know how much have you two drank last night, but it's obvious that we're going to take a more quietly way. I know that you hate the journalists and all that, but I can't stand having a two hours drive because we have to go through all of your fans in the way!" He replied sharply. "It's fine to me" Paul added. I looked over the window. It was true that this way was quiet. Everyone remained in silence. We were too tired. I was going to close my eyes for a little rest, when some big light shine ahead of the car. "Stop!" John yelled and the car stopped with a shake. "What is it now?" Brian asked impatiently. "Lost in the 50's" Ringo read the sign. "Can we go? Seems fun and I'm starving Brian" I begged. "Yeah, let's go, I sure need a coffee" Paul added. "C'mon Eppy, where's your compassion?" John whined. "Shut up! All of you. We'll go. But only because it's way far from all the commotion!" He agreed with a tired voice. He sure seemed as tired as we were. We excited the car and walked to the bar. "Show time: Misty sings" I read from the door. "Good, food and show then." John said and entered the café.

Ringo's POV

As we sat in a table far from the little stage, John called the waitress. As she was walking towards us, she seemed tired. When she reached the table, she took her notebook and said. "Welcome to Lost in the 50's. I'm Sally, your waitress tonight. What you'll have?" She finished almost in a robotic way. Seemed to me that she worked there for a long time. "Coffee" Paul said. "Some eggs" John added. "And pie" George said. "Do you have waffles?" I asked. When she looked up from her notebook, her tired eyes became suddenly shiny. I reckon that she recognize us. "Ah..Um..Yes, we do have waffles. It's that all?" She asked nervously. "Yes, thanks darling" John answered with a wink. She ran off to the bar. "What a strange girl" Said George. "I dunno, I think she's quite alright" I said with a innocent voice. "Oh ho ho, so Ringo already put his eyes on the girl, don't you Ringo?" Said Paul. "What a naughty boy you are!" John added. Both laughed. "Okay, I'm going to the bathroom. Don't do any stupid thing while I'm gone" Brian said and stood up. Suddenly the music of the background lowed and our waitress use the microphone on the little stage. "Good evening, ladies and gentleman, and welcome once again, to one of our show nights. Please receive at the very talented, MISTY!" She finished. As they all began to applaud, someone very familiar stood in the stage.

John's POV

"No way!" I said out loud. "What is it?" George asked. "It's Snow White!" Paul and I answered. Indeed it was her. The music started to play. It was Doris Day's 'If I Could Be With You'

If I could be with you, I'd love you strong.

If I could be with you, I'd love you long.

I want you to know, I wouldn't go,

Until I told you that I love you so.

There she was, with a beautiful voice, filling the entire place. She was so little, as I remembered her, but yet so attractive. Her white dress, highlighting her pale skin, letting only her red mouth and her black hair shine. The bar was drowning in silence, everyone seemed to be enjoying her singing. And damn, I was one of them. I wanted to make her mine. 

Paul's POV

I felt like I was flying, letting her voice dragging me into a peaceful place. And yet, I didn't wanted to close my eyes. She was so beautiful. Her figure moving softly and her hair, marking her little curves. I knew I would see her again. But that was so unexpected. I had to knew her. I had to know who Misty was. But for now, I just wanted to hear her sing.

If I was free to do the things I might.

I'm telling you true, I'll be anything but blue,

If I could be with you.

When she finished singing, everyone in the café (and us) started to clap and cheer. Brian was back, but none of us had notice. "Well, what a great voice that little girl has!" He said. "Indeed" George replied. "Yeah." Ringo added. The four of us went stupid because of her singing. Then an idea came up. But I couldn't say it with Brian around. Luckily he acted. "Well, let's go boys. Tomorrow you have a show." He said as he stood up. "Oh, c'mon Brian, can't we stay? I'll like to hear another song." I said with all the innocent voice I could made. "Yes! Eppy, don't be a swine!" John agreed. "And what guarantees that you won't do anything stupid, like last night?" He asked raising and eyebrow. "Look, you can leave the car. Sure the drive will obey you, and besides he's just right outside the door. He can see us if we go other way." George suggested. The four of us looked at him. I personally, was surprised. I guess he sensed that I got something on my mind. Brian sighed. "I guess you're right. If you do something to convince that man of letting you go anywhere but the hotel, you'll be in big trouble." He warned us. "Don't worry, Eppy. We're angels!" John said winking. Brian grabbed his coat and headed to the door. Before he left, he looked at us and said "BIG TROUBLE!".

George's POV

"Well that was easy" I said. "Indeed, you're a smart boy, Georgie" John replied. "So, I guess the three of you have an idea. I have an idea too." I said lifting both of my eyebrows. "Remember our last fight with Brian before we came here? I know that none of us stands another show with screaming girls anymore. So I was thinking, why we don't hire Misty as our back singer?" Paul said. "But Brian wouldn't accept that!" Ringo whined. "Of course not! That's why he had to leave!" John answered. "That's right." I said. "I think we can teach her some of our songs, and we can see how the public reacts to her. It might get interesting. Are you in?" Paul asked. I nodded. "Bloody hell, yes!" John screamed. "I guess...Okay!" Ringo doubt disappeared with our looks. "Perfect. So where's our order?" I asked impatiently. And right after I said that, the waitress was back with our food. Along with her, there was a man in a suit with a big smile on his face. "Good evening. I'm the owner of the café, it's a pleasure to have you here, gentlemen. Please, the house invites." He said. "Whoa free food! Thanks!" I said gladly. "Hope you enjoyed the show?" He asked nervously. "Oh yes, you have quite a singer Mr...?" Paul said. "Halloway." He answered. "Oh well, Mr. Halloway. Thanks, for the food and the show, but we would like to meet the singer and give our congratulations. Is that possible?" Paul finished. When the waitress heard this last thing, she jumped, excused herself and ran to the back of the bar. We all looked at the owner with surprised. "Oh, I'm sorry for that. She went...Err...to give the news to the singer." Halloway said. "Please, come with me." He added.