Chapter Two ~ Whiskey and Guns

Chapter two ~ Whiskey and Guns

"If you don't know where you want to go, then it doesn't matter which path you take" ~Alice in wonderland

A Cartel- Phoneix

I fled from my old home. I had ran from my problems like a small rabbit being chased by a rabid dog. I gripped the black rucksack which was clinging to my back. It had my future in, one million dollars.

I was a terrified sixteen year old, I had left my parents and little sister behind to flee from them for selfish reasons. I wasn't ruthless, murderous and destructive as they wanted me to be, as they had trained me to be. I had to pretend so I didn't disappoint them, but the average human could only take so much.

I wasn't like them and I hated that.

So I left, I stole a million dollars from their safe, kissed my 13 year old sister on the forehead then never looked back. I disappeared off the radar; succesfully dodging my parents scanners. I knew everything about them meaning I was aware how they worked especially how they tracked people.

I was meant to take over the mafia as soon as I turned eighteen but that was three years ago, I'm twenty one now.

I live by myself in a small town in texas, with the million dollars I bought myself a small house and a shop to earn a steady income. I knew my parents couldn't track me when I lived in the middle of nowhere, being Mr. Nobody.

Only two people in this town was truly aware of my existence was my only employee and my maid. I didn't know the employee very well, actually scratch that, I didn't know her at all. I was only aware of her name, River.

When I first met her she had her brown wavey hair down to her waist, which outlined her curvy, yet fragile looking figure. She had hollow cheeks on her carmel skin making her cheek bones more prominent. Which only made me believe she hadn't eaten much in awhile. But she was and is beautiful.

Her bright grey eyes flashed with excitement as she had entered my ammo shop. She had a blue folder gripped tightly in her slender fingers. She had waltzed up to me, pushing out the folder for me to take it.

The folder turned out to be her CV. Which I had waved off because I couldn't be bothered to read it, well that and I wasn't exactly sober. I admit I have a problem, a drinking problem. I'll also admit that I completely control of it. I drink to drown out the problems from my past; to flood out the memories of screams of the people I've killed and tortued without thinking if they have children, wives or husbands waiting for them at home. Because I was taught not to care about that.

I was taught not to care at all.

My life had become a series of alcohol and misery and surprisingly I didn't mind. I wasn't killing people at my parents orders so I constantly told myself it could be worse.

I guess I became used to it after awhile although, it was a giant change from my life living in a mansion on and having things served to me on a silver platter but once again - I was fine with it.

I lazily grab a bottle of Jack Daniels off my desk, I rest it onto my lap and reach for my favorite whiskey glass. I tiredly poor half a glass then drop the bottle back onto my desk,
I watch the brown liquid shake in the bottle and I place the glass to my lips I down it within seconds.

I ignore the a small burning sensation in the back of my throat and I reach for the bottle again. A small knock on my office door stops me mid-motion from pouring my second glass of brown pain relief.

"Yeah?" I answer pouring insecond glass. I place my legs on my desk as my pale wooden office door opens slowly. I see Rivers fingers grasp the door tightly and she enters. Her grey eyes puffy and red.

"Hm...sir there's someone here to see you" she says them lets out an loud sob, I drop the glass out of my hand as she's shoved into the room roughly.