Chapter 10 - Needs not Wants.

"She was powerful,
not because she was scared
but because she went on strongly
despite the fear." ~ Atticus

"Baby wake up"  A soft masculine voice chimes, soft warm lips kiss my cheek and I smile and open my eyes slowly.

"Good morning Princess" Mark smiles licking his lips, he takes his arm from around my waist and sits up. He was in a good mood today so I'll enjoy it while it lasts - which sadly won't be long- smile up at him tiredly.

"Good morning" I reply and sit up with him, wrapping the white covers around my bare chest and I kiss his stubbled filled cheek. He turns to face me. He turns then he kisses my lips.

"Mmm what's the time?" I ask after he pulls away. "6:30" he replies kissing my cheek then slowly down my neck. I bite my lip and run my hands threw his messy blonde hair.
"Why are we up so early baby?" I ask slowly, knowing if I said it to quickly he'll take it as me being rude and I didn't want him to be angry.

"I want you to meet someone" he mumbles in between kisses. He pulls the white covers from round my bare chest and looks at me.

"Don't cover yourself from me" he says frowning, but I don't answer, instead I pull him forward and bring his lips to mine to distract him from my actions.

In one quick motion he wraps his arm around me and places me on his lap so I'm straddling him. "I love you so much" he smiles, I giggle and kiss his lips again.
"I love you too" I smile back but he frowns. "Your eyes are red, were you crying?" He says placing his hands on my cheeks.

"N-no, I just had a bad dream" I lie and I focus on the stubble on his chin and cheeks. Of course he wouldn't remember the utter agony he had caused me in a drunken-lust.
He pushes my frizzy hair out of my face and his frown increases.

"Don't lie to me" he says sternly and I tense.

"Just a nightmare baby I promise" but you're the nightmare. I smile and kiss his lips but he doesn't kiss back. Instead he moves his hands from around my face to my waist.

"You're still on the pill right?" He says changing the subject and I relax. "Yeah, but I fell asleep last night before I took one, I'll just take the 'morning after' today" I answer, smiling at him knowing if I changed my mood in anyway it would affect him. But I had also ran out of the contraceptive pill a week ago, and Marks restrictions on money meant I couldn't purchase more and I couldn't ask for money.

"Good" He mutters gripping my waist harder and i tense again.

"What's wrong?" I ask knowing I definitely did not want the answer but if I knew what had upset him I wouldn't do it again.

"Nothing, I love you" he replies letting go of my waist.

"Oh, I'm going to go shower" I whisper then kiss his cheek.

"I said I love you"  he says pulling me back roughly by my arm.

"Sorry, I-i love you too" I stutter back, I force a smile on my face and he stands up suddenly.

"I'll join your shower" he shrugs stepping closer to me. A groan almost escapes my lips but I suppress it. All he had to do was look down at my naked body to see the bruises he had caused from last night to become irritated. Unfortunately 'no' or the meaning of the word had never been in Marks vocabulary.