The child needs her father

Bruce Wayne Pov

I was just resting in the living room when the door bell rang. Who would come here at this time? It's pouring outside. Thunder boomed and lightning flashed.

"I'll answer it, Alfred." I said as I got up from my seat and walked to the door. I opened the door and saw no one standing there. I looked around left and right but no one. I can't see anyone here. A small cry suddenly rang in my ears and I looked down. There's a basket with a baby on it. I quickly grabbed the basket and walked back inside then locked the door.

"Whose child is this, master Bruce?" Alfred asked as I sat back down on my seat. I layed the basket on my lap and moved the blanket covering the baby so I could have a good look. The baby has black hair and crystal blue eyes that you could easily get lost to, skin is just the right skin color.

"I don't know, Alfred." I said and I suddenly saw a letter beside the baby. I grabbed it and opened the letter, eager to know why this baby is sent here to me.

Dear Bruce,
Hello Bruce. I know this is sudden but the baby is ours. Her name is Athena Zerona Wayne. She's just ten months old right now and I need you to take care of her. Please, don't send her to an orphanage or hire someone to take care of her. She needs her father. I cannot take care of her by this time since I'll only endanger her life and I figured, maybe you can raise her and maybe, just maybe, she can be your protegèe or something. Atleast you can have a father-daughter time when fighting crime. Oh, and when she falls for someone worth her soul, don't be too over-protective and take her away. I'm sure she'll make the best decisions in life with you helping her.

With love,
Talia Al Ghul

My eyes widened a bit when I read the letter. Talia and I had a daughter.

"Master Bruce? Is something wrong?" Alfred asked and I looked at him then gave the letter. He read it and smiled warmly.

"Then let's go and take care of her, master Bruce. I will clean the spare room and make it as pleasant as possible." He said as he started walking upstairs and I looked down at my daughter. She suddenly giggled when her eyes met mine and I smiled.

"Maybe having a daughter won't be that bad." I whispered as I scooped her out of the basket and held her firmly. Her eyes shining brightly as her tiny hands tried reaching for my cheek and I chuckled.