It hurts

Batgirl Pov

Everyone is sparring except for me and Wally. His arm is injured so it's in a cast and I don't have a sparring partner. Anyways it's Zatanna against Alex, Rob against Arty, Kaldur against Miss M, and Superboy's fighting his pet wolf. Don't know how his wolf fights so well. Oh, all of us are on our suits, too.

"Good work everyone. In fact it has been a very productive week." Canary said and they all stopped sparring.

"Yeah, for everyone except Kid malingerer and B-girl." Artemis said.

"Hey, injured on a mission to fight the Injustice League." KF said.

"And I don't have a sparring partner that can stand atleast a minute against me." I muttered.

"I've really enjoyed being your uhh, den mother." Canary said and I chuckled.

"Recognized, Batman 02, Zatara 11." Batman and Zatara walked in and typed into the panel.

"Access granted, Goddess A04." A girl with blonde hair walked in with a very proud smirk. Her face is caked with make-up and her eyelashes are artificial.

"Hello, people!" She exclaimed and I lifted an eyebrow.

"Goddess, this is the team. Team, meet Goddess. A new member." Batman said and I can tell this girl's not trustworthy.

"Hi, I'm--" Miss M was cut off by Rob.

"Robin! I mean, I'm Robin." He said and I felt a pang of hurt. No, he's just being friendly that's all.

"She's M'gann, that's Wally, Artemis, Connor, Batgirl, Alex, and Kaldur." He introduced while pointing to each of us and my eyebrows knitted together.

"Welcome to the team." Kaldur said.

"Yeah, yeah." Goddess said while looking at her nails and I looked at Batman.

"S-so, a-are you joining the team?" Rob asked.

"Yep!" She said cheerfully.

"What are your powers?" Zatanna asked.

"Oh, I'm blessed by Aphrodite. Not really one to fight with swords." Goddess replied.

"So, a pretty face?" Connor asked and I nodded secretly.

"Batman, may I excuse you for a moment?" I asked but quickly dragged him away. Not letting him answer. We stopped in the kitchen and I scoffed.

"What are you playing? I don't even trust the girl already." I said and he sighed.

"She's one of your tests here, Batgirl. She doesn't know it, but we will observe everyone in your team to see who can be easily deceived. I just found out that she's working for Vandal Savage, too." He explained.

"Huh, then Rob's number one." I said and he sighed.

"Obviously. He gave in to her charmspeak." He said and I looked away.

"Is it bad that I felt like I want to kill her?" I asked.

"Because?" He asked back.

"Because........Rob looked like you know, he saw an angel and he wants to marry her." I muttered and he chuckled.

"You like him, Batgirl." He said and I looked away.

"I don't know. I'm confused. I would always tell myself to never fall in love but he.....he made my heart, I don't know. Sometimes flutter sometimes hurt." I said as I looked down at my feet and he held my shoulders.

"Hey, just get your head in the game. Love will always be there so don't rush it." He said and I nodded.

"Yes, dad. Thanks." I said and he smiled.