VII

Sam cholked and thought for a moments she may have shot him again.

"Excuse me?" He spat and she shrugged away from him suddenly feeling very shy as if she had said something wrong. Biting a nail nervously and shifting her skinny legs she nodded.

"Baby,it's my name that's all I really know."

"You can't be baby." Sam rejected almost in disgust. Baby stamped her foot down suddenly a flash of anger shooting through her that all she knew was suddenly challenged she had grown to actually like herself.

"Hell I can't!" She challenged fiercely like flames to dry wood. Sam almost was taken back by the intensity of her mood change.

"Well yeah...I mean,baby..." He began a little stunned. "Baby is..was er..."

"What?" Baby asked heart pounding nervously anticipating the answer awfully.

"Baby is Dean's car." Sam said finally. The sentence sounded so ridiculous that baby started to laugh. When she saw Sam's face serious she slowly melted into a frown. He sighed suddenly feeling fatigued beyond words. "Chevy Impala a classic he loves it more than anything,it was our dads." He rambled on seemingly lost in thought. He looked like he'd been through hell,baby wouldn't be surprised if he had.

"So I'm a car?" She asked sarcastically still not believing it. Everything now made sense to Sam every tattoo and scar was revealed to him. Her slender fingers brushed the license plate tattoo on the small of her back in between the dimples on either side or her protruding spine.

"I don't know,maybe the darkness messed with you or something." Sam thought aloud.

"The darkness?" She asked a memory tugging at the back of her mind.

"Yeah,that black storm wasn't just a storm,you did...wake up after a storm didn't you?"

"Yes." She recalled slowly. "I couldn't remember anything except for Dean...Find Dean. I couldn't walk or talk I was so scared." She explained arms crossed. Sam thought.

"How did you remember me and Dean?"

"I heard a song and I blacked out. When I woke up I started having these visions of two brothers,you and Dean." Baby explained with a semi-patient attitude.

"That's why you played the song for me? To help me remember?" Sam wondered as she nodded in response. The songs must've had some connection,stirred something deep inside.

"We've got to find Dean." She repeated urgently recovering her original mission.

"Yeah,I mean I woke up with a different life." Sam offered and baby chimed in.

"Me too had a husband and kid."

"Maybe Dean does too." He concluded. "There's one way to find out." Sam shifted from the bed and tucked one leg in his pants. Baby watched him curiously.

"Sammy...er Sam. You can't leave. You were kidnapped remember? Shot dead for all the media knows." She added as a reminder. Sam shrugged.

"It's dark out I'll get us suits."

"Suits?" She asked dark eyes wide with curiosity.

> > >

"Really Sam?" Baby spat giving the woman's pantsuit a gaze up and down. "I look like a middle aged realtor with three kids." Her dark shaggy hair was neatly pinned into a tight bun and had short grey heels exchanged for the combat boots.

"You don't have to like the part you just have to look it." He said adjusting his own tie that paired with his slacks and suit jacket. "Here's your badge, remember your Agent Ford,with the FBI." She squinted at him unamused.