The Heart Wants What it Wants

I lived in a small town in Canada near Ontario. London was home to me and I loved it. I had my group of friends that I was close to. Justin Bieber was one of those friends. The
day he left to became famous was the day my heart broke. You see I was best friends with him and even though I hung out with both guys and girls I had the biggest crush on Justin. We were closer than the other friends we had. He knew my secrets and I knew his.

The day Scooter discovered him on YouTube was the day he smiled. I hadn't seen Justin smile in a long time. He smiled. I cried. He left to go be famous and that was eight years ago. I cried myself to sleep for a long time, but I learned that I had to move on for my heart to heal since it felt like it had been ripped out of my body, stomped on, and then put back.

While he's been gone I finished school and I started University. I moved on, and I haven't thought of Justin in a long time. Today is my birthday and my friends wanted to go out. They also had a surprise for me. I was nervous since I hated surprises. We are currently at my favorite restaurant where we get our food on the house since the owner thinks of me as a daughter. After eating and having two drinks we are off to the arena. When we get close enough my friends put a blindfold on me so that I wouldn't look at the sign of the person performing. I sighed and let my friends guide me. They had meet and greet tickets, so we waited on line to see this certain person.

It was our turn, so we entered the room. I heard his voice before I saw him. My friends took off the blindfold and my heart skipped a beat. It was my best friend from middle school. He looked so different now. He was more grown up and his voice was now more mature and he cut his hair no longer having girl hair. It had been eight years and I was scared that he wouldn't recognize me. I wasn't the tom boy looking girl anymore. I also didn't hang around that group of friends anymore. We all went our separate ways. I walked up to him with my group of friends and stood next to him.

"What's your name lovely?" I guess he didn't remember me.

"I'm Olivia."

"I knew an Olivia once. A long time ago. Today's her birthday. She would be 22." I gulped. He was talking about me.

"That's a coincidence. Today's her birthday too."

"Happy birthday." He wrapped his arm around my waist and we took the picture.

"I'll give a shout out to you during the show." I blushed and walked away. He really did forget about me. I wanted to cry, but not in front of my friends. We walked out and let the next group of girls go in.

"I need a drink."

"Agreed!" Shouted my friends. I laughed and wrapped my arms around their shoulders leading them out of the backstage.

Justin's POV

I was getting tired of these meet and greets. Now don't get me wrong I loved my fans, but these were just getting tiring. I let out a sigh as soon as the door opened and another group walked in. I looked at the middle girl and thought that she looked like Olivia. I stepped closer and asked "What's your name?"

"Olivia." This couldn't be my best friend Olivia. I shook my head and thought about her and then said "I knew an Olivia once. A long time ago. Today's her birthday. She would be 22." It was true. She was a couple of months older than me, but we were close. I loved her, but I got discovered and I went and did what I loved. I sang. Her friend then butted in and said "That's a coincidence. Today's her birthday too." Maybe this was my Olivia.

"Happy birthday." I whispered in her ear before putting my arm around her waist and seeing her visibly shiver. The picture was taken and she walked away from me. I said something that I knew I would regret saying but I said it anyway.