Heartbreak leads to new adventures

A month went by and I heard nothing from Justin. I knew not to trust him. I was busy at work and I went home on the weekends to see my parents. I had a life again and it didn't include Justin. I was at work one day trying to get the next edition out when my office phone rang.

"Hello."

"Is this Ms. Olive?" Who would be calling me at my office.

"Yeah who is this?"

"I'm Justin Bieber's secretary. His phone was stolen and he wanted to speak to you." Well that explains why I didn't hear from him.

"Okay." I heard her give the phone to someone else before I heard "baby I'm sorry I didn't call. Don't think I forgot about you."

"I was getting worried."

"My phone was stolen by some fans in Australia. We are working on getting me a new one."

"Justin I was just thinking about us."

"Don't tell me you are backing out."

"I just don't know if I can trust you. You're on tour and I'm here."

"I can understand that, but the only way for us to work is if we each trust each other." He had a point, but after making me promise to wait for him and then him not coming back I don't know if I could trust him again.

"I'm scared. I made you a promise before and you didn't keep that promise."

"I know I didn't and I regret that."

"So how do I know I can trust you now? How do I know that you will keep your promise now?"

"You don't, but that's why we have to work at it."

"Justin I don't think I can do this based on trying and hoping that it works."

"Why not? We are both new at this."

"I know we are, but I'm just scared to take this leap."

"I know you are, but you need to have faith in us."

"Faith? Hahaha. I had faith that you would return in a year, but you didn't."

"Look I know I made mistakes in the past. I'm willing to change." My heart wanted to believe him, but was it ready to open up and heal?

"I can't do this. I'm sorry. Goodbye." I whispered the last part and then hung up. What did I do?

          That weekend I went home to see my parents and my old friends. I needed advice. I took the train from Toronto to Stratford. Once I got off the train I walked to my parent's house. My mom was home and my dad was at work.  I opened the front door and set my bag down.

"Mom!"

"I'm in the kitchen!" Of course she is. I walked in to see her making lunch.

"Hi honey." She kissed my forehead.

"I wasn't expecting you until later." 

"I decided to come earlier."

"Anything wrong?"

"It's Justin."

"What about him?"

"He called me earlier this week and we had a talk."

"Anything bad?"

"I think I broke up with him."

"Aww honey." She pulled me in for a hug and I just let her hold me.