Four

After dinner Penelope decided that she wanted to go for a walk, to 'work off all that delicious pasta'.

It was nice out so it was decided to be a group activity, a stroll down the beach to the small boat dock that was in the town and then back again.

On the return trip the men walked in front, Penelope and Y/N following a few yards behind idly talking between themselves. In front, Spencer dropped something onto the sand, bending over to retrieve it. He was dressed casually in jeans and a t-shirt, a sight that Y/N still couldn't get used to despite being around him for a few days now. As he bent over Y/N found her eyes drawn to his butt, the denim of his jeans encasing it nicely. When he'd been dressed in cut offs yesterday she couldn't help but notice that he had nice legs as well, sturdy and toned, not too muscular but definitely not lacking. She let out a low breath and raised her eyebrow appreciatively.

"Did you just... Oh my god, you did!" Penelope grabbed Y/N's arm, stopping her in her tracks.

"Did I what?"

"You just checked Spencer's ass out!"

"Did not.... "

"Did too."

"I didn't!"

"Y/N, you've gone red."

They continued walking, now even further behind the boys than before.

"Alright, okay! I might have looked."

"And you liked what you saw. I saw the eyebrow raise, I know what that means on you." Penelope sounded ridiculously pleased with herself.

"Pardon? My eyebrow raise has a meaning?"

"Yup. You only do that when you're interested... Y/N, Spencer? Really?"

"NO!"

Y/N exclamation of protest was loud and all three men turned their heads. Penny and Y/N just waved, indicating everything was okay.

"You protest way too much sweetie. Admit it! You like Spencer."

"Well of course I like Spencer, everyone likes Spencer."

"That's not what I mean and you know it. First I walk in on him rubbing lotion onto your back, then you disappear off together for hours today.... "

"We were shopping for heavens sake!"

Penelope flapped her hand, ignoring Y/N, "... and now I catch you checking him out. This is brilliant. I knew there'd be sun and sea but I never imagined there'd be a blossoming romance."

"Penelope, cut it out. There's nothing blossoming. Sure, I checked his butt out. I'm not used to seeing him in casual clothes and it suits him. And yes, okay, he's cute. And nice. And we get on. But he gets on with everyone just like I do. It doesn't mean anything."

Garcia grinned like the cat that caught the canary. "Oh sweetie pie. You might not think it means anything but Penelope knows... Trust me. I feel these things deep inside my bones. There's magic a brewing between you and the good doctor, believe me."

Oh just... Whatever. There was no use arguing with Pen when she was like this.

They reached the house, noticing Spencer waiting outside for them both making sure they got there safely before closing the door behind them. Garcia rushed passed him, smiling and clapping her hands.

"What's gotten into her?" Reid asked Y/N quizzically.

"Um.. Nothing. She's just being Penelope."

Y/N glanced at him quickly, giving him a once over. If she being honest with herself (and NO ONE else), Spencer was attractive. Soft wavy hair, deep soulful eyes, perfectly plump lips and a jaw that could cut glass. Add that to his extremely sweet personality (most of the time at least), and he was a pretty decent catch. Was he a catch that Y/N would like to reel in though?