Seven

Rossi didn't comment on the grin on Reid's face or the slight spring in Y/N's step when they returned from their swim. He didn't need to ask although he did want to laugh at them both. They clearly thought they were doing a fine job of hiding whatever it was that was going on between them but they were blind to how much their body language sang for the other. Rossi did wonder exactly how long this had been a thing for, had it happened before they'd come on vacation or not. He didn't think so which meant he hoped so very much that this wasn't just a summer fling. But ultimately, he was happy for the pair. He'd leave them be for now and he hoped that Penelope and Derek would too.

Derek and Penelope had also had a conversation about their friends in the car on the way back from the mall, bought on by Garcia not being able to hold it inside anymore and showing Morgan the photo of them sleeping outside last night.

"They just fell asleep together Penelope, it doesn't mean anything."

"Oh my big chunk of chocolatey goodness, it means everything. You're meant to be a profiler! Those two have been destined for each other from the day she joined the team."

"Baby girl.... What exactly are you basing this on?"

"Do you seriously not see it?"

Derek shook his head. "They're just friends...and I hardly think Spencer is Y/N's type."

"You are sooo wrong I can't wait to see the look on your face when you realise how right I am."

Morgan shook his head again.

Penelope saw a sign as they drove through the next town over from where they were staying.

'Pictures in the park: Tonight's film is Romeo and Juliet. Tickets available at the museum box office'

"Derek pull in," she instructed her friend.

"What, why?"

"Just pull in."

He did as he was told and Penelope climbed out of the car and disappeared inside the museum, returning a few minutes later with an envelope in her hand.

"What have you got?" he asked her.

"Tickets."

"For Romeo and Juliet? Why, I thought we were going to the bar tonight?"

"We are. But it's one of Y/N's favourite films, at least the version they're showing is, I checked."

"Soooo, if we're going to the bar, who is she going with."

Penelope looked pleased with herself. "Spencer."

"Penelope!!"

"Look, I'm right on this. Trust me. Maybe they just need a little push."

...

Y/N put the finishing touches to her make up and then walked out into the lounge area, seeing Penelope and Spencer waiting for her. 
When they'd returned from their swim they'd sank back onto their sun loungers for some more reading, Spencer opting for a paperback rather than the story. Y/N guessed he didn't want to get anymore hot and bothered by it, at least not yet. They shot shy smiles at each other every so often, not noticing Rossi watching them. When Derek and Penelope returned from their impromptu shopping trip, she instructed them that they needed to be ready for six thirty.

So both Y/N and Spencer were ready. But no one else was. Even Penelope still had her hair in rollers.

"Penny, what gives? I thought we were all going out?" Y/N asked her friend.

"We are. Just not together.... And before you shout at me and tell me to stop interfering, I'm not, I swear it!"

Both Y/N and Reid knew she was lying but they let her carry on.

"When Derek was driving us home this afternoon I saw a sign for one of those outdoor movie nights at the park in the next town over. You know the ones, where everyone sits in little groups and has picnics whilst a film is shown on a big screen. Well they're showing Romeo and Juliet. The Dicaprio version.... And I know Spencer likes Shakespeare too sooo, I make Derek stop and I bought tickets. He wasn't interested in going and I know Rossi wouldn't be so I thought it would be something you too could do together? I even packed you a little picnic."

She reached to the side of the chair she was sitting in a pulled out a huge picnic hamper with a blanket packed on top.

"If you absolutely hate the idea, then that's fine. I won't be offended, and the food will keep. I just thought... well, that it would be nice. And you two do things together sometimes so it's not like it's weird."

Y/N glanced at Spencer and he gave a slight nod back.

"Pen, it's a great idea. Really sweet of you to think of us both. How much do we owe up for the tickets?"

"Oh goodness don't be silly! I bought them on a whim and it's not like you don't get me enough treats. The film starts at 8:3pm but the girl in the box office said to get there early. The best place to sit is right at the back under the huge oak tree. It's on a slightly incline so you'll have a great view apparently. But I'd leave now. I can drive you and come and pick you up if you'd like? I put a bottle of wine in the basket as well as non alcoholic drinks too."

"I'll drive, I don't mind not drinking," Spencer told Penelope as he took the picnic hamper and blanket from her.

"Good good! Well, here are your tickets and the keys to the car. Have fun and I'll see you later!!"

Y/N took the envelope with the tickets and the keys from Garcia, noticing the gleam in her eyes. She knew that this was essentially her way of setting them both up, not realising that it had already happened. Y/N felt kinda bad deceiving her friend, but this was something she and Reid wanted to explore together without the rest of the team labelling them. They left the house together, loading up the car and climbing in, noticing Penelope had already set the GPS up with their destination.

Rossi wandered into the lounge, he'd overheard the conversation and knew what Penelope was up to.

"They really do make a cute couple."

"Oh my Italian Stallion, I agree wholeheartedly. I'm so glad you see it, Derek thinks I'm bonkers."

"Nah, there's definitely chemistry between those two," Rossi poured himself a wine, holding out the bottle to Penelope who nodded.

"There so totally is. I just need them to see it now!"