Eight

"So does this count as our first official date then?" Y/N asked Spencer as he drove.

"Erm... Isn't a first date supposed to be something we'd plan together? Or something I plan and surprise you with?"

She shrugged. "Is it? Because I can't think that we'd come up with a better idea than this personally, at least not until we got home and away from the prying eyes of our friends."

"To be honest, I can't either. Penelope has picked an activity that she knows we'd both enjoy and wouldn't turn down. Do you think she'll be annoyed if we tell her that we were kind of together before she pushed us together?"

"Maybe. Maybe she'll just be too busy being happy for us. Obviously if we decide that this is something we're continuing with back home.... " Y/N didn't know why she bought that up but it lay there thickly.

She closed her eyes, cringing to herself. "I didn't mean that to sound so... "

"I get it. We said we'd see what we were like as a couple whilst we were here. And if it doesn't work then we don't take it home with us or let it affect us."

Y/N nodded and then reached her hand over to Spencer's thigh, squeezing it.

"Just so you know, I do want this to work. I like you. It may have taken Penelope pointing it out for me to see it, but now I have... I dunno, it's like there's suddenly all sorts of feelings inside me that I haven't felt for a while. I'm just very good at messing things up. And we work together so that could be awkward if I manage to screw it up."

Spencer pulled into the parking lot he'd been directed to and found a space, switching to engine off.

"I want this to work too. And I'm sure I'm equally as likely to mess things up. It's not like I do this very often so I'll probably make mistakes. I just think that if we're honest with each about our feelings and don't hide things from each other, then we'll be good. You just might have to guide me sometimes and tell me what to do."

Y/N narrowed her eyes slightly and was about to ask when he realised what he'd said.

"NOT like that... I'm experienced enough with that. But, well actually.... How soon does that happen? I don't know that the rules are with that anymore or who is meant to initiate it. I've only ever really had one night stands... And not an amazing amount of them either. Oh and Austin, but that was different. It wasn't exactly a relationship."
Spencer felt himself reddening, the conversation not taking the path he'd wanted.

"Are you asking me how long until we have sex?"

"No!.... Well... I don't know...."

"You keep surprising me Spencer, you really do. As for the answer. I don't really know. I don't have any rules for it. It's not like I get to the third date and bamn, you're in, literally. If it feels right, it's right. Although I can just imagine us going at it and Garcia barging into my room to borrow a pair of shoes or something. Perhaps some things are better to be left until we're back in our own apartments."

"True. That is not something I need her telling the team about."

"Exactly. But yeah, we'll just roll with it Spence. See what happens. See how hot and bothered that fanfiction gets you.... "

He rolled his eyes and opened his door. "Well if that happens, I can always take care of things myself."

With that he climbed out of the car leaving Y/N with an image in her head that she could really do with out. A very hot image.

Ugh.

...

The 'date' went amazingly well. Garcia had really planned out a great evening, including her two friends favourite foods in the hamper. They'd found the perfect viewing spot and enjoyed the film sprawled out next to each other of the picnic blanket. Y/N sipped on wine and Spencer sipped on a soft drink.