Nine

"Well I think I'll just leave you two girls to it." Spencer hauled himself up and reached for Y/N's empty bowl. "Great sundae Y/N, we'll have to make them again sometime."

"That we will. Night Spence..."

Penelope took his place next to Y/N who was desperately trying not to smirk whilst simultaneously hiding her annoyance that their friends had returned. When he was inside and out of earshot Garcia turned to her excitedly.

"Soooo, tell me! How was this evening? You and Spencer seemed to be getting on super well... "

"Penny, me and Spencer have always gotten on well. That's nothing new."

"Yes but... You seemed more cosier than normal, more closer..." Garcia was digging.

And Y/N was going to make that girl dig all the way to China before she gave her anything.

"Nah, not really. Spencer's my buddy. We had a nice night together. As friends."

"He's your buddy who's ass you checked out. And you called him cute."

"You check Derek out all the time. And I'm quite certain I've seen you check Hotch out too."

"Well you know when Aaron gets all bossy it makes me a little hot under the collar sometimes.... "

Penelope shifted in her seat, studying Y/N carefully. "So seriously, nothing's happening between you and Spencer? No butterflies in your tummy, no flutters in your lady parts?"

"Penelope!"

"Are you sure? I was so sure about this...."

Y/N felt slightly guilty now. But she wasn't just going to expose whatever was going on with her and Spencer. She knew that the team knowing would add a whole new level to something that was so new and still being explored. And she wanted to explore it a little more before having every aspect microanalysed by the others.

"Penny, I'm sorry. We're just friends. He's cool and yes, he's cute. But we're just friends. I'm off to bed now, I'll see you in the morning... Well, later today I guess."

"K...night," Garcia sounded so deflated with a hint of confusion attached to it. She was almost never wrong about things that this.

...

Y/N waited for another hour to pass before texting Spencer.

"You awake?"

He text back almost immediately, "Yep. It's too warm and all of the sugar from the ice cream is making it hard to relax."

Y/N padded out of her room and across to his as quietly as she could. His eyes widened when she entered his room and he sat up in his bed, grasping for his top cover. He been lying in only his briefs, attempting to read a few more chapters of that damn story she'd told him to read.

"W-what are you doing in here?"
She sat on the edge of his bed, her eyes trailing up and down his body. Despite them being around each other in bathing suits, he somehow felt more exposed like this, tugging for the cover again.

"Don't do that.... Unless... Unless you're really that uncomfortable around me?" Y/N reached her hand out and touched his arm lightly, forgetting why she'd come in here in the first place.

"I... It's just... I'm nearly naked!" he squeaked oh so slightly, covering his mouth. They listened carefully. Rossi was in the room next door, but they couldn't hear any sounds of him moving.

"Spencer, if we're going the way I want us to go, then I'm hoping that you won't just be nearly naked, but completely.... " He flushed red at her words, realising that she was right.