CHAPTER 37

The door smashes open and there they are.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!" they yell in unison and I burst into a couple of chuckles.

"Merry Christmas guys! Come in." I smile and move aside to make way for them.  We exchange hugs as they head in, carrying bags full of gifts, candies and drinks. last one to enter is Zayn.

"Wish you the best Christmas ever." He hugs me. "You too." I reply. "By the way! You look beautiful. Really beautiful. I can't help looking at you today." He whispers and I blush. "Thankyou." I say as we walk in together. He wraps his hand around my waist as I look at him in surprise and he passes an adorable smile. Whats going on?
We reach inside and Louis smirks at me and Niall chuckles. I'm sure they're seeing me and Zayn getting closer, though we actually are, but they'd be them always. Zayn loosens his grip and walks over to Cassie as I frown. I think he noticed them.

"I'm hungry. Want food." Niall demands. He's never not hungry.

"Join the dining guys! I'll just walk to kitchen and serve." I beam and walk away.

"I'll help her." I hear Zayn say at back. His footsteps could be heard on the concrete walking behind me. I place the brownies in microwave and take the tumblers out from refrigerator. I turn the stove on and place the pan over it covered with a lid. I shift my gaze from fire to the entrance of the door. Zayn is standing against the wall, tugging his hands in his pockets, staring at me. I look away from him, I dunno if he's angry or annoyed with me because of that kiss. Oh Lord! Don't let this thing create problems in our friendship. I walk away to take the ketchup from the upper shelf.

"Lemme help!" He speaks and walks nearer to take out the bottle. "Okay!" I say and take out the brownies and place them on platform. Okay? Should I apologize? Okay do it! Before things get worse.

"I'm sorry." I say quietly. "For what?" He asks. "For that kiss you know, I didn't wanted to be a spoil spot so I had to and then I realized that it might..." I continue and he shuts me, placing his second finger on my lips. Okay! are you freaking trying to get my hormones excited Malik? Do you even know how hard it is to resist you ? I look in his eyes, they are brighter than before, curious enough too.

"Hot!" He whispers. "What?" I'm distracted by him. "I mean to say, the food, it's heated, turn the stove off." He shruggs off, and feel something is wrong. Why is he acting different?

"By the way! I-I hope you didn't take that seriously last night." I stutter.

"What? Don't have to regret that you know...." he pauses, is he? "It was just a game." He says and I look down, i shouldn't really assume things all the time. It was a game for you, but to me it was no less than heaven. 

"Yeah! It.was.just.a.game." I say as I feel my heart sink and I look away and carry brownies outside and Zayn follows behind with another tumbler.

"BROWNIES!!!" I yell and Niall's face lights up like a kid. "Yes Nialler."

"You are looking hot today." Says Louis and I giggle stupidly. "Tell me something I don't know." Liam helps me as I serve them. I take a seat beside Edward and Zayn sits right infront of me. Zayn continues to look at me. Something's different.

"Babe! Is everything okay?" Cassie asks Zayn as he nods a yes, she leans in to kiss him but he denies and she looks at him in surprise. Did I see things correct? Whats going on? Zayn doesn't looks happy. His face has been plastered into a fake smile. Did they have a fight? Is it because of that kiss last night? oh freak what have I done!

"Minnie?" Edwards snaps and I'm back to reality. I look at him. "Everything fine?" He asks and I nod. "Doesn't feels like it." He says and looks at me cautiously. "By the way! The food is just as delicious as you are." He whispers in my ear and I can't help but laugh. Delicious me.hahaha. Edward is such a pervert. Though a cute one. I look over to Zayn again. His hands are clenched in tight fists and his eyes have turned blank. Emotionless. He hasn't eaten much too. Whats wrong?