Chapter 49

MINNIE'S P.O.V

"Good morning Ms. Williams." Mrs. Malik walked in with a nurse and Zayn hurriedly rose up from the bed. He flushed and I chuckled.

"Mom, it isn't what it looked..." Mrs.Malik smiled at his fumbled self. She knew he was okay now and that's all a mother wants.

"Minnie dear, it's time for you get ready. We're going home....Zayn, you may leave now." She greeted me with a forehead kiss.

"Why should I?" This pervert won't change goodness. His lips played a smirk.

"Zayn!!" I eyed him out of embarrassment.

"Fine fine. I was kidding. See ya." He laughed and walked away. His mother helped me to change into a pair of new clothes. I signed a bunch of official papers before getting discharged. I waved brandon a goodbye and walked out of the hospital. Zayn drove us home, his home. Just as we bumped into the driveway, my eyes stopped at the army of people I love.

The moment I walked out, my cousins embraced me like a shield, with eyes teary, lips pinned and love immense, including Sam who never stops rebelling against me. Then there was him, who felt almost abandoned, Liam.

"How could you gift a hell to your bestfriend when all he needs is heaven?" His words broke me completely and I realized how wrong i was in killing myself. These people need me.

Everybody's reaction to my death always intrigued me but now that I've seen it, I never want to be in such a miserable state again. The people I wanted to be the happiest, are messed up because of me. I felt the guilt weighing more and more on my heart with every moment passing by.

They walked me to my room,  where for the next few hours, people kept visiting me one by one. The most surprising visit was Jenna because I hadn't seen her around in, like days. She looked torn and I had to admit I've never seen her so miserable all my life. She's one strong woman.

"Minnie you fucking Williams. What the hell do you think of yourself huh? Who are you, God?  You cannot just take a life away, any time desired. How did you even think of doing it?..." and she rained on me for as long as she could and I did not interrupt her. I didn't want to. Instead, a part of me was overwhelmed because it's hard for stone to melt and it's harder for Jenna to express her love but right then, I could see it all in her eyes.

My infinitely twisted questions, finally had answers. She loved me, she still does but not enough to make efforts to keep me or to let me keep her. She's good at pretending like she doesn't care, when she actually does the most. I'm happy to learn everything the edge of life had made me realize. No matter how many times I tell myself she's not what she used to be, I'm always going to love her. She will always be my first bestest friend and bestfriends never go ex.

Kiera and Niall sat by for an hour and almost everyone I knew came by, except for one. Edward. Where is he?

"Zayn, where is Ed?" Is he okay?

"I don't know. I'm totally okay with him not showing up." He cheerfully kissed my cheek.

"I am not okay with that. Wasn't he into meeting me?" I sighed for a moment when the thought hit me. Maybe he doesn't care if I live or I don't.

"Well, you can probably ask him yourself but till then lemme just have my time with my girl." He leaned in for a kiss but Hazel interrupted us with the diner call.

"Do you mind? All of us here?" She asked.

"Yes I do. I mind a lot than you think and now your sister will have to pay all your bills with more kisses." He remarked playfully.