Mine // Fourteen

Juliette happily sips on her second sazerac as the waiter clears the plates.

"Dessert?" Cade asks the table. It seemed much too early to end the night. It was only eight. If he went home, him and Evie would just pass out on the couch.

"You're paying." James tells him, finishing off a beer.

"We look decent enough. Why not hit a bar or two?" Juliette suggests. "It's too early to finish up a night with dessert." Juliette was feeling hot and bothered, but it wouldn't be her first quickie in James's backseat or in a bathroom. - A sacrifice for a fun night out. It's not like they wouldn't fuck like rabbits the second they got back to his apartment. A good drink, good French-based food, he was certainly in her graces tonight.

She didn't know how Evie could stand it. James simply put a hand too far up her thigh to be friendly and she wanted to be all over him. Then again, at Evie's age she could. Maybe it was just a James thing, and she knew just how good it could get.

She gave James that look, taking her foot out of her heels and running it up the side of his calf. He had a sucker sweet tooth.

Americans.

I'll be your dessert.

James looked at Juliette. He stirred himself out of the thought of beignets. Beignets were better than sex but sex with Julie was better than beignets.

"Yeah." James cleared his throat, mildly uncomfortable. "I vote we go out. You got the check, right?" James asked Cade. "The bar on third, we'll meet you there."

The second Cade nodded Juliette and James vanished out of the restaurant. The waiter handed him the check and Cade chuckled.

"What?" Evie asked, clueless.

"You know why they practically ran out, right?" Cade asks.

She was sad. She wanted the French donuts. "No. Why?"

He almost wanted to rub her head like you would a child who just had a joke go straight over their head. "They went back to their car."

"Well, duh." She said.

Cade laughed again. "James doesn't like fancy cars because he says the backseat is too small." He tried to clue her in. "He has a bronco."

She was still lost. What did that have to do with anything?

"Babe," he looked her in the eyes, "They're fucking in the backseat."

Her eyes widened. "Oh."

"Personally I like to wait until I get back to the apartment but to each his own." He said, handing the check back to the waitress.

Could you with me? At the passing thought, Evie nearly choked on her water.

She changed the topic of conversation quickly.  "By the way, we need to stop by the store on the way home."

Home? Is that how she saw it now?

"I mean, it'll probably be late. Can it wait until tomorrow?"

She looked at him. "Not really."

"What could you-" he shut himself up. "Are you on your period?"

She flushed and hit him on the arm. "I was trying to be covert."

"What? I've had long term-girlfriends before. Women have needs. I know." He defended. "You're used to being around eighteen year old little boys. I've been to war. I don't care."

He did have a point.

The waitress passed again and gave him his card back.

"In fact, I'm not even opposed to fucking you on your period." He whispered in her ear.