Chapter 46

Taehyung stared blankly at the open notebook on his lap, pen in his hands. He had absolutely no idea where to start.

He'd woken up that morning with a brilliant idea of writing down the things he couldn't possibly speak of instead of wasting time being useless in that room. Much like they've been doing for him; writing messages in cards sent with soft toys, he thought they should try doing that too, although he couldn't exactly give them anything other than that notebook.

He thought it'd make everything easier and it did but not quite. All it did was save him from seeing their reactions and some dignity. Dignity for what exactly, he didn't know. Nonetheless, he still had to go through the process of reliving his nightmares and bringing his inner most dark thoughts and feelings out into the light. That fact was still something heavy and difficult to deal with.

He had a lot of things to say, a lot of things to explain, and he didn't know where he could start hence he stared at that blank white page in utmost concentration and ironically, cluelessness.

He had been doing that for like what? Twenty minutes yet no progress, not even a single word written on the paper that's been beckoning to him.

A knock sounded from the door and jolted Taehyung out of his honest struggle.

"C-come in!" he called out.

He watched the door open a crack as the lady nurse from before popped her head in with her usual smile.

"Am I disturbing you?" she asked.

"No. Come in," Taehyung forced himself to sit up straighter although his wound, stiff muscles and neck complained under the movement. "Do I need to take another medicine?"

The nurse entered the room fully, closing the door behind her.

"No. But you have a card," she held it up in her hands with a knowing smile.

Taehyung frowned. A card?

He thought that the morning deliveries would stop after all his members had sent their individual messages for him yet here was another one.

It wasn't morning though. It was half past noon. The other cards he'd received so far were brought to him early in the morning hours. What changed?

"From who?" he asked.

The nurse just gave him a shrug as she yet again, smiled at his curiosity.

Taehyung took the card in his hands and looked at it with stupendous awe. It was like the card in his hands was a gift from heaven and was as precious to him as his life, just like the other cards.

"I don't understand," he all but murmured under his breath.

"Well, I see you haven't written anything," the nurse remarked, seeing the empty notebook on his lap. She had been the one who helped him acquire it. "I shall give you some privacy then."

Taehyung didn't give her a glance, too deep in his own thoughts. However, before she exited the room, he asked, "are they still here?"

"Right outside," she said with a cheery smile and that was when he brought his eyes towards the door, watching her leave.

They were right outside. Right there like his personal bodyguards- no, his guardian angels.

The thought brought a sheer smile to his lips and an underlying sadness in his eyes.

Taehyung brought his gaze back to the card. He took a deep breath in and flipped it.

We love you.
You're not a burden.
You're anything but.
Stop thinking that you are.
You're our family, and this family is broken without you, Tae.
So let us be there for you.
Let us worry about you.
Let us take care of you.