10. Back To Jolly Ol' England, Where I Can Get My Real Crumpets

Chapter 10

Back To Jolly Ol England, Where I Can Get My Real Crumpets

For some wacked up reason, my dad decided to book us first-class on a flight to England...

That left at three in the morning.

Kill me now.

Or at least let me sleep just a little longer than my two hours I already did since we had to get to the airport at one-thirty.  Not that many people were going to be there at that time in the morning.  No one sane anyways.

That showed just how we were.

As we rode down in the elevator to the ground floor of our hotel, Max lifted his hand to his mouth to smother a yawn every few moments.  He got just as much sleep as I did.  I knew what both of us were going to be doing on the plane.  Sleeping.  

Surprisingly, there was a - very tired-looking - man at the front desk of our hotel.  When we walked up to the desk, he had his chin in his hand and his eyes were drooping.

Dad was way too cheerful for one in the morning as he talked with him as he signed out.  So was Brielle.  But then again, they usually were anytime we had to be up.  And they barely got any more sleep than Max and I did!

"How are they so...awake?" Max asked as we both leaned back against the wall beside the doors with our suitcases in front of us.  Our car was parked right outside since it had started raining a few hours before.  "I think they got less sleep than we did."

I shrugged, shaking my head.  "Who knows?" I said.  "They're both morning people...I just wouldn't have thought that they would be lively this early in the morning."

I lifted my hand up to my face as I yawned and rubbed my eyes.  All they wanted to do right now was close and let me sleep.  Only a little while longer and I could sleep in my huge, comfy, first-class seat on the plane.  

Finally - finally - Dad and Brielle were done chatting with the man at the front desk of the hotel and we were heading out to the car.  Once our luggage was in the trunk and we were in the car, Dad pulled out from under the canopy that covered the entranceway and headed for the highway toward the airport. 

When we got there, you could say I was surprised at how...abandoned...everything looked.  There were only a few cars on floor of the parking deck we were on.  And when we went inside and toward security, there were only a handful of people we passed, all looking sleepy just like I felt. 

With a full hour before our flight left, I needed something to keep me up just for a little while longer so I wouldn't fall asleep sitting in one of those uncomfortable seats they had in the terminal.  After telling Dad and Brielle we were going to get some coffee, I dragged Max up from his seat and pulled him toward the Starbucks that was just a little ways away.  A twenty-four hour Starbucks...I absolutely loved it. 

My mood immediately lifted once I had my steaming café mocha in my hand and Max and I sat down at one of the little tables near the back of the shop.  Taking a sip, eyes closed, it warmed me and I sighed as I brought the cup away from my lips.  I opened my eyes again and saw Max watching me with a slight smile as he took a sip of his cappuccino.

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

He shook his head as he set his cup on the table.  "Nothing.  I just find you...endearing...in things that you do," he said. 

"Oh, really?" I asked, my eyebrow lifting even higher.  "And what would those 'endearing' things be?"

Max shrugged as a slight blush spread across his cheeks.  His beautiful green eyes met mine and he smiled slightly.  "I don't know.  The way you bite your lip when you’re concentrating on something or trying to figure something out, the way you watch your dad and Brielle interact with each other and smiling when they make each other laugh, the way you're so passionate in everything you do.  It’s funny that I’ve noticed all of these little things about you and many more.  You're absolutely incredible and I'm glad that I've gotten to know you in the past almost two weeks."

Okay, that was totally unexpected and I did the only rational thing I could think of at a time like this.

I just stared at him.

I mean, seriously?  Could he get any better than he already was?  With his gorgeous face and body, eyes that I could - and most of the time did - get lost in, and the amazing accent, he now had to go and say something like that? 

So, not knowing what to say, I did another rational thing at a time like this.

I changed the subject.

"So are you excited about going back to England?" I asked, lifting my cup to my lips to take a sip.  "I mean, I know I would if I were going back home.  I miss being home after a while.  It's good to be back when you've been away for a while.  I wish we could have stayed home just a few more days, though..."

"Yes, it feels good going back," he said, cutting me off and shutting me up.  "I think I heard your dad saying something about staying long enough so that we could go and have dinner with my parents.  They know your dad and Brielle, but I know they would love to meet you."

I nodded, trying to imagine his parents.  "That sounds fun," I said. 

We were both quiet for a few minutes, both sipping on our drinks.  I snuck a few glances at him when I dared to just to look at him.  And when I wasn't looking, I saw him look at me out of the corner of my eye. 

Could this be anymore...I don't know...frustrating?

The answer is yeah, it probably could.

Once we both finished our drinks, Max looked at the watch on his wrist and scooted back his chair to stand up.  "I think we'd better get back.  They should be calling the flight in a little while," he said.

Nodding, I stood up, too.  Max took my cup from my hands so he could go throw both of ours into the trash.  Then, with a smile at me, we made our way back toward the terminal where Dad and Brielle were standing. 

"They've just called our flight," Dad said once we reached them.  "You two ready?"

Grabbing my backpack, I nodded.  "Let's go so I can get some sleep," I said. 

The three of them laughed, but I found it to not be a joking matter.  I was completely serious.  I planned on being completely out until we landed on the other side of the pond.

And after we got on board and I put my backpack in the overhang compartment, I sat down in my seat beside Max and buckled up.  I was out like a light before I even heard the pilot over the intercom. 

***Sorry it's so short!  But the next chapter is going to make up for it in length!  Trust me!

So what did you guys think?  Can I get some feedback?  I'd love to hear from some people who haven't commented before just to see what you guys are thinking!  :)

Comment, Vote, and like!!!1***