15. You Look Good In My Ice Cream

Chapter 15

You Look Good In My Ice Cream

Before I could even make it out of my room, I could hear laughter coming from the living room of our hotel room.  I had no doubt that Max was telling Dad and Brielle about the night before and my crazy drunkenness.  I could just imagine all the things he was saying that didn’t happen. 

Or it could just be things that I didn’t remember.

That would be just my luck. 

Since I knew we weren’t going to be going anywhere until we went out for dinner later that evening, I just put on my normal tank top and jean shorts.  Feeling a little nervous about whatever was about to come, I kept my hand on the doorknob for a moment before opening my door to walk down the short hallway.  The laughter got louder as I got closer. 

When I stepped into the living room, Dad and Brielle were sitting next to each other on the couch, Dad with his laptop in his lap.  Max was sitting on the chair opposite of them.  The three of them looked up at me when I walked in and I could tell they were trying to hide their smiles.

“Go ahead,” I said, rolling my eyes, as I sat on the arm of the sofa beside Dad.  “Laugh all you want.  At least tell me where the aspirin is because my head is pounding.”

That got them laughing again. 

I narrowed my eyes at Max, now knowing that they told them everything.  Well, maybe not everything.

“I met Max’s two best friends Ben and Drew last night,” I said, narrowing my eyes playfully at Max.  “They’ve got the funniest nickname for him also.  I think I might start calling him it also.”

“Oh, really?” Dad asked, grinning.  “And what’s that.”

Max stared me down.  “Don’t you dare,” he said to me.

“Oh, I dare,” I said, and then grinned evilly.  “Maximilian the Hottie Brazilian.”

Dad and Brielle laughed as Max jumped up and ran toward me.  I squeaked and jumped up also, running behind the couch to try and get away from him.  When I looked behind me, he wasn’t there like I thought he would be.  But when I turned around, I smacked right into his chest. 

“Got you,” he said, laughing. 

“Nope, you don’t,” I said, and ducked under his arm.  I could hear Dad and Brielle laughing as I started running again. 

But before I could even get three steps away, a foot shot out, making me trip and fall onto the carpeted floor.  I groaned into it and rolled over onto my back.

“That was so not necessary,” I said, looking up at the laughing Max who was over me. 

And before he could say anything sarcastic, I turned and kicked the back of his knee, making him fall to the ground beside me.  I wasn’t the only one groaning now. 

“Gotcha,” I said, looking over at him, lying beside me. 

“I think I’m in need of an aspirin now,” he said. 

I grinned, turning toward him, and patted him on the cheek when he turned his head to look over at me.  “Aw, is the little baby hurt?” I cooed. 

Max grinned and rolled toward me, wrapping an arm around my waist to pull me against him.  “Yes, I am.  Do you want to kiss it and make it better?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. 

My eyes widened and my breath hitched, heart pounding in my chest.  Why did I always seem to have this reaction to him?  Especially since my dad and Brielle were right there probably watching us.