Chapter 2

"I didn't know that I was starving 'til I tasted you."

-Starving (Hailee Steinfeld)

◆◇◆◇◆

It was in the darkest of hour had consciousness wash over the figure layed on white mattress. Everything around her stilled motionless. Only the air circulating throughout the four corners of the untidy room seemed to be moving. Sakura Haruno, weak as a mouse, forced to open her eyes. Even she wasn't used to this dead silence. Her eyes squinted, adjusting her vision only to find shadows lurking the empty space around her.

Where the hell am I?

Slowly, she moved her fingers and felt a shear pain course from her forearm. When she managed to move the rest of her body, Sakura instantly sat up, and examined the damage on her arm. Her eyes narrowed, realizing what happened before she went unconscious.

Whoever that bastard is, he better not cross paths with her again.

She weakly traced the carved words on her skin, wincing at the small jolts of pain it brought her. Her mind then ventured to what the man said. Someone's going to kill me? And what frightens her more is that whoever this 'someone' is, he/she knows about Sakura's little 'curse'.

Then again, that cloaked guy could be some psycho. The logical part of her brain argued, but much to her dismay, logic seems to not be an option anymore. When was 'seeing the future' a logical notation to begin with?

"You're awake.."

The pinkette was taken aback when a familiar voice spoke. She looked up and saw Sasuke Uchiha, standing before her with a tray of food in hand. She almost forgot about him.

"Sasuke."

He sat on the edge of the bed, and placed the tray ontop of a bedside table. Sasuke stared at her for a few minutes, knowing he interrupted her sea of thoughts.

"Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah.. I guess so."

He nodded. An eerie silence fell upon them before Sakura broke the ice,

"Is this your..?" Motioning to their surroundings. Sasuke got the meaning and smiled. "Hn. Where else would I take you? I don't even know where your apartment is." He glanced outside the window and sighed.

"I saw you in an alley yesterday.. That guy.. Who is he? Then the next minute, you passed out."

Sakura can detect the confusion and hesitation in his voice. Well, she couldn't blame him! Even she was confused. But, can she tell him what truly happened? Green eyes darted to the raven-haired teen, studying his features. Something's telling her that she could trust this guy. Well, here goes nothing..

"So what you said yesterday.. About you being able to see the future.. Is true?" Sasuke asked after a long explanation. He had his eyebrows furrowed still. Sakura nodded, glad that he managed to sink in all the information she just provided him with.

They sat on the edge of the bed in silence. She was just about to eat her toasts on the tray when she heard him sigh and placed a hand on top of hers. The pinkette immediately felt bolts of electricity coursing through her the moment their skin made contact. But more to this, she felt comfortable by his mere touch.

Sasuke darted his eyes on the carved letters on her forearm, fresh with hints of red from the wound.

fata

"That's the Greek word for fate, isn't it?"

She nodded, helplessly trying to hide the bloody reminder that cloaked man left her. Sasuke stared intently at Sakura and spoke in a soft voice, "I believe you.."