Epilogue

"Sakura.."

I struggled to open my eyes. The light momentarily blinded me. I took in a deep breath and felt blood course through every vein in my body before I squinted to adjust my vision.

"Ino."

My bestfriend cried and hugged me tightly. What's happening?

"I'm so glad you're awake! W-We thought we've lost you.."

"Huh?"

She pulled away and smiled weakly at me.

"You were in comatose for six months,  forehead.."

I blinked. "Really? I-I thought.."

Soon enough, my other friends gathered before me. Naruto, Sai, Neji, TenTen and Hinata were here.

Ino furrowed her eyebrows.

"Why? Had a bad dream?" She tried to lighten up the mood. I gave her a hesitant smile and casted away the eyes of a certain raven-haired stranger from my mind.

"Yeah. I think so."

---

For the cursed gift lies beneath the soul,

Thou should seek for time's heart

Embedded within the subconsciousness of mind,

To escape the peril which awaits thy mortal;

If fault not found in memories relived,

Before the stain devours soft whole skin,

No choice would be given to thee

But to extract the impurity from vessel's blood

And vanish the remains left to see.

I stopped typing and started to read the words again. It's funny how I managed to memorize something from a dream. But if felt so real.. I sighed and placed a hand on the middle of my chest.

Time's heart.

Time has no heart.. But then again, the cursed maidens will always be a glitch in the clockwork. And that man--whoever he is.. He found it. He saved my heart by sacrificing himself.

And maybe, that's the fault.

My heart was at fault.

Because love knows no boundary--even in the time-warp.

And that's what saved us. That's what's been pulling these strings of fate, all along. I fell in love with the man destined to be greatest downfall.

How ironic is that? Seriously, I should write that up in a novel. It's a shame the mysterious man's face is a blur to me. I can't even remember his name!

I closed my laptop and grabbed the book I was reading earlier.

Yup, I'm a hopeless case. Since when did I start believing fantasy shits like that? Ugh. This is so not me.

I leaned my back on the tree and started indulging myself in that book when I suddenly heard someone mutter,

"Am I really weird?"

I closed the book and peeked behind the tree. Sure enough, on the other side of it, a man was leaning on the same trunk. I couldn't see his face but a part of me feels a surge of familiarity.

"You're not weird.. You're just unique."

The raven-haired man, startled, looked at me with a puzzled look. He wore black-framed eyeglasses and kept his hair in a neat style. Yup, definitely a nerd.

I smiled when I noticed he was blushing.

"I-I.."

I hate to admit, but he looks attractive.. Even for a nerd. Err..

"Hi, I'm Sakura. Sorry but interrupting you." I timidly outstretched my hand.

He smiled back at me and reached for it. And when he introduced himself, my heart started beating rapidly.

"I'm Sasuke.. Sasuke Uchiha. Single."

◆◇◆◇◆THE END◆◇◆◇◆