Chapter 5

They used to say the world was flat, no how wrong was that..

◆◇◆◇◆

It was dark. A starry night sky hung above my head and trees were scattered all around the place. In a distance, I can see a vast horizon filled with vegetation. I don't where I am and yet it feels like I was meant to go somewhere.

I walked ahead. My feet are practically dragging me towards the opening. At some point in time, the trees parted and shuffled, making two paths diverge out of nowhere.

Suddenly, the voice called me again.

If you had a chance, where do you want to go?

If I had a chance. I took in a deep breath and ignored the evil laughter brewing inside of my head. Something demonic resides in there and I wouldn't dare be afraid of it. It was taunting me, mocking my ability to voice out my true desires. But that part doesn't know the other half of who I am.

"If I had a chance, I wouldn't go anywhere without Sasuke Uchiha."

And that's true. In my heart, I know it is. Sasuke became a part of me. A fraction completing a whole. A piece of a puzzle. Ever since that boy came into my life, things in me changed.

Silence, and then,

If that is what you want.

I smiled bitterly as a force pulled me back to were I previously was. I fluttered my eyes open and nearly gasped when obsidian orbs met my green eyes. Mixed emotions were so vivid in those depths.. It almost scared me. Sasuke. I weakly raised my hand and placed it on the side of his crestfallen face.

"Sakura,"

"You came back.."

"What's happening to you?"

He delicately helped me sat up. His eyes were darted away from mine. I immediately knew the reason why he's behaving so oddly the moment I saw a glimpse of my hands. Frantic, I pulled the hem of my pyjamas and froze. My skin was black, save for the few bare areas on my legs and feet.

I turned to Sasuke who looked as though sparing me a glimpse would be the most painful thing to do.

"S-Sasuke---"

"Stop hiding things from me, Sakura.. Dammit! How long are you planning to keep me ignorant to what's really happening here?!"

We sat there, staring at each other for a good couple of minutes when I finally gave up. Heaving a long, exasperated sigh, I managed to mutter,

"This.." I gestured to my unnatural skin pigment, "..is like a timer. In the notice, i-it was mentioned. If we---I can't find what's need to be found before the black devours my whole body, I-I'll.."

I don't need to finish that statement. We both know the answer to that. It's either we get out of this messed up time-warp alive, or die.

I was surprised when Sasuke Uchiha suddenly hugged me. His arms wrapping around my fragile figure as if he wouldn't dare let me go. He was shaking. So un-Sasuke like if you ask me. But nevertheless, it brought a sting to my heart.

Sometimes silence is enough. Not saying anything at all is better than the words itself. I know that.. Sasuke knows that.

Then, the ground started shuffling once more. Things were getting blurry as we both struggled to stand up. Our surroundings were changing again. A new scene in front of us, waiting to be discovered. Who knew visiting your past is much more terrible than most people thought it would be?