Chapter 4

Do you know what a fairytale is? It's a story worth fighting for..until the end..until that 'happily ever after'.

◆◇◆◇◆

Sakura's POV

After I saw my younger self walk away with my dad, our feet led us to somewhere else. While walking down the crowded sidewalk, the surroundings shifted. Everything became a sudden blur. Sasuke immediately grabbed hold of my hand as a new horizon came to view.

"Where are we now?"

I shook my head, ignoring the faint show of black spreading across my shoulders. Dammit. I need to find that "time's heart" thingy or whatever object it is. Soon this condition will be braching out all over my body and there'a no way in hell will I be able to hide it from Sasuke. Why must my life be so complicated?

Because you have the curse, little one.

My eyes widened in a fraction. I glanced briefly at Sasuke who only stared blankly at me. He sighed and motioned to our new surroundings. "Well, this is your memory, isn't it? You've got to have an idea where we are.. Or rather, what time we're in." I felt a lump form in my throat.

That voice. Where did that come from? I swear, I heard someone talking to me!

Things are getting more messed up, now.

"I.." I darted my eyes to a familiar building. It was a house with large windows and a apple trees infront. The lawn stretched out beneath our feet. No wonder this scene is familiar.. I took a step towards the almost ghostly home.

"That's me." I absentmindedly blurted out while peeking through an open window.

I saw myself again. But the scene was a lot more different than the first one we saw earlier. I was taller in this memory. My hair grew longer and my face crestfallen as my younger self held a picture frame to her chest. Clutching it as if her life depended on it. She was wearing her least favorite black shirt.

"Three years, daddy.. I miss you so much."

After that, I saw myself cry. I noticed some boxes stacked in a corner.

Now I remember. This happened when I was ten years old. The third year since my father's death. My grandmother was helping me move out of our old house. This is a painful memory. One of my worst. This scene became the turning point of my life. The girl who almost had everything, lost everything in the end. It's like waking up from a dream. You wouldn't know you're dreaming until you've opened your eyes to reality.

"Sakura,"

I ignored Sasuke and closed my eyes when I saw my ten-year-old self hurried towards the kitchen.

"Where is she going?"

With a shaky breath, I answered his question.

"Attempting suicide."

I glanced at the raven-haired boy and saw how frantic he looked. "What? Suicide?! Fuck, then we need to----"

"Sasuke, this is just a memory. She's alive. I'm alive. We're the same, remember?"

That calmed him down a bit, but his eyes still looked worried.

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you attempt something as idiotic as that?"

"You already know the answer to that, Uchiha. Mind you, my life before wasn't some cheesy fairytale."

We started walking away, keeping our eyes open for anything that can be a clue to what we're looking for. Honestly, it was a great relief to get away from that horrible scene. Watching yourself during your darkest moments is devastating. I wouldn't even last a day doing it. But who am I to complain? I need to. We need to---well, Sasuke has no choice, has he?