42 / the day

HERE IT IS! im actually squealing now

warning: violence, mention of suicide, major character death.

enjoy! (or not)

*

It didn't take long for Nico's eyes to open slowly. He leaned closer to my touch and asked in a hoarse and low voice, "What time is it?"

I continued running my fingers through the soft strands of his hair. "Midnight. Sorry for waking you up."

He hummed softly and closed his eyes again. "Why aren't you in bed with me?"

My lips curved upwards. "I'll be back soon. I just have to meet Killian about the picture."

Nico's eyebrow rose. "Why are you going? And this late?"

"It won't take long," I promised. "I just stopped by because our cabin was on the way to Killian's. And I'm the one going because Sutton and JJ went out for a grocery run."

He turned over and buried his head against my stomach, wrapping an arm around my waist. "I don't like him."

I grinned. "I can tell."

Nico nodded. His hair tickled my skin. "Good."

"I'm glad you and Faust spent time together."

He hummed again. "The hike was tiring."

"But you spent time with him."

"He's my best friend."

"Yeah."

Nico didn't respond.

I let him be for a few minutes before shaking his shoulder. "Baby. I need to go."

"No," he whined quietly, tightening his hold. "Stay."

"I'll be back in a few," I said, dropping a kiss on his forehead. "Go back to sleep, mi amor."

His eyes opened. "What?"

I peeled his arms away from my body. "Goodnight."

Nico stayed frozen on the bed. "What?"

My smile widened as I stood. "Go to sleep."

"Thea," he said, blinking, turning his head to look at me. His face was carefully blank, but I could tell he was panicking. "Thea. What? What did you say?"

Giggling, I reached for the door handle and blew him a kiss. "Go back to sleep."

I left the room and bounded down the stairs before he could think about standing and chasing me.

"Later," I whispered to myself. "I'll tell him later."

It was dark and cold outside. I hugged myself tighter as I quickened my pace and ignored the bad feeling that was starting to creep up on my neck.

It was eerily quiet when I entered Killian's cabin. I kept my footsteps light as I climbed the wooden stairs to the second floor, finding the door to his room slightly ajar. Still, I raised my fist to knock twice. "Killian?"

There was some sound of rustling inside before he opened the door wider. "Thea, hey. Come in."

He'd gotten the room with the double-deck. I pointed at the upper bunk, noticing that it was empty. "Uh, you don't have a roommate?"

Killian locked the door. "Nope. We had an odd group so I got a room by myself."

Huh. Interesting. I eyed the door as Killian took a seat by the desk and spun around on his chair. I sat down on his mattress and gave him a smile. "Tell me you have something for me."