Step Six.

Step 6: Making An Indian Friend.

Call me crazy, but I am up at 7 am on a Saturday; by choice that is. I couldn't sleep all night and I decided to give up on the idea and go for a jog instead-- but I still made sure to pray both tahajud and fajr. I throw on some shoes, tight yoga pants (amma would be ashamed of me) and a dull gray push-up sports bra (don't judge, I'm just being American). I put my phone in my cellphone armband and put up my hair in the tightest possible ponytail. I sneak out the door trying hard not to wake Bailee because I know I'll get scolded for not having breakfast before leaving -- I swear she's the American version of Amma.

I've only been running for ten minutes and I'm already sweating like a pig. My muscles ache but push myself as Rap God by Eminem blares in my ears giving me motivation. I need to get in shape, new country means new me. I distract myself form the agony of exercise  by rapping along  

"Tell me what in the fuck are you thinking? Little gay looking boy. So gay I can barely say it with a 'straight' face looking  -- "

"Hey! Hey!" I hear someone yell

At first, I tried to ignore it because I was finally in the zone but once I realized that they were calling out to me, I whipped around to see what they wanted.

An Indian looking girl pointed to where my phone should be and I look only to find my phone sliding out.  Just in time, I catch it before it smashes. I let out a sigh of relief. 

"Thank you  so much!" I say exasperated 

"Oh of course. it's the least I could do. it would kill me to see someone's phone crack." she laughs. She seemed very genuine and friendly, completely the opposite of the stereotypes taught to us in Pakistan regarding Indians.

"By the way I'm Myra. Nice meeting you and thanks for saving my phone" I chuckle awkwardly

" Aye, no worries. I'm Diya. It wasn't me who spotted it anyways. it was my friend Zach" she says as she gestures to a guy sitting on the bleachers talking on the phone.

"Hey. Why don't you come out with us for Breakfast. We're leaving in a bit, wanna join?" who was I to deny? 

~ Zach's POV (a little while ago)

I'm kinda glad Diya and I are lab partners this year. Last year I was stuck with some stupid moron. Besides, Diya's pretty funny too. We were about to leave for breakfast but we just sat on the bleacher so that Diya could take forever to tie her shoes after our morning run.

"Tell me what in the fuck are you thinking? Little gay looking boy So gay I can barely say it with a 'straight' face looking " I hear mumbling in the distance.

I look up to see a girl, beautiful in all her glory, running. And being the person I am, I looked down and appreciated her fine ass.

"Damn Diya. Dat ass doe" my eyes glued to the girl.

"Please tell me you're talking about someones else, or I swear I'm asking to change lab partners" she jokes (i hope).

"Don't get ahead of yourself. I'll admit you have a nice ass, but I'm in love with that one" she rolled her eyes at my response.

"I wish I could take her ass could come with us for breakfast. Shit her phone" I gasped just as my phone rang and I excused myself hoping I could trust Diya with the rest. 

*

A/N

Two updates in a row. You're welcome. Jk, enjoy!