Step Nine.

Step 9: Not Getting Any Rishtas

Skipping past some time, again, Zachary and I celebrate our seven month anniversary tonight. But the problem is that I don't know what the fuck to wear.

Finally I hear someone rap on the door. I yell 'come in' and at last Noah walks in. Sorry for not catching you guys up but, Noah is Bailee's boyfriend's best friend. I mean was. Now Noah is my best friend. I may or may not have ruined a friendship.

We met over a dinner once. His reputation had claimed that he was a womanizing, bad-boy, player kinda guy. You know, one of those guys you'll find in a Wattpad book. But he really is just another human being. I've gotten to know him so well over the last few months that I legit can't do anything without him. I'm glad that Zachary is okay with this. I can only imagine if I were Shamsa and how much she would be scolded as if she were a little kid.

My parents know about my 'friendship' with Zachary and Noah, Quinn and Alec. However they aren't so pleased that despite all my male friends, I haven't gotten a single rishta. Moreover, they want me to make friends with the nice Pakistani boys.

We spend the next hour and a half trying to find the perfect outfit for me. Just when I think I look perfect and am ready to go, Noah grabs my hand and says:

"Come on, do you really wanna go? Why don't you just stay in in some nice comfy sweatpants and we can watch Gilmore Girls" He chuckles awkwardly

Even though the offer is really tempting, I have to decline and leave with a laugh.

Zachary looked pissed off as I approached the venue. He gritted his teeth at me and placed his hand on my back and ushered me through the restaurant.

"So" He snaps "With Noah again were you?"

I was shocked by his tone. I thought he was okay with this. I would do nothing to offend him.

"What do you mean?" I stutter

"That guy is a douche bag. Why hang out with him when you have me?" He rolls his eyes

A little taken aback I reply "Excuse me but who the fuck are you to tell me who to hang out with?"

A lot of things that Amma has said to me, I don't agree with. Like she's told me to never argue with my partner even if it's his fault. It'll ruin the relationship she says. But I'm sorry, I've got a head of my own.

"What did you just say to me?" He grabs my wrists harshly

"Don't touch me" I yell knowing that I am causing a sin

"Let's take this outside" He mutters.

I snatch my hands away from him and say "Whatever you have to say to me say it here so everyone can see what a dick you truly are"

"I'm just trying to protect you Myra. Don't be overdramatic. And besides look what he's doing to you. Ever since you've been hanging out with him you've began getting fatter. But you're lucky I accept you for you" And that was my breaking point.

I yelled at him for making my decision for me, for treating me so harshly, for mocking Noah and for telling me how to react.

*

A/N

Yaay, another chapter. 

Glossary:

Rishatas: Marriage requests (relationship)