Step Seven.

Step 7: Hormones.

Skipping head a couple of days, actually, a couple of weeks, I've fallen in love with Zachary. Do you remember that guy from last chapter who I went to breakfast with, who saved my phone from dying? That's the one.

You know when you're in the seventh grade and you fall in love with the guy who sits in front of you in math? You feel these butterflies in your stomach and your cheeks blush every time he asks for a pencil and you're sure he's the one when he asks to copy off you. Well, that's legit me right at this very moment.

Brown hair and brown eyes, abs to match and a face that looks perfect candid. He is the epitome of sexiness. He's so genuinely nice and helpful that even under the rare circumstance of not falling for his looks, his personality will win you over for sure. Apart from all the being great, there's a slight issue.

I don't know what's going on between us. Are we together or not? I don't know honestly.

We're sitting outside on the bleachers with our friends. His hand is lazily slung over my shoulder and every time we laugh, his hand brushes over my upper thigh. As much as I don't want to think about it, it's persistent.

"Yo, man, I shit you not. She went absolutely berserk when I told her I am gay. Like fam, I was too busy laughing to notice breaking all the shit in my dorm" Alec confesses to us as we cry with laughter

"Speaking of dorms" Lydia begins, facing us two "Have you two been in one together yet?"

I blush wildly "Seriously guys, I'm Pakistani. That's enough said" I awkwardly chuckle

"We could think about it, though, right" Zachary looks right at me and I can't tell if he's joking or not. I notice that he begins to bite his lip and everyone goes silent

I look down at my lap shyly and feel cold fingers lift my chin up. He has a mischievous look in his eyes and before I can do anything, his lips are on mine.

Fuck. This is my first kiss. Recite the kalma. Quick!

But before I could realize I was kissing him back, cheers erupted around us. I broke away from the kiss, my cheeks tinged red. He was scratching the back of his head as he smiled at our intertwined hands.

The teasing continued but I couldn't care less as Zachary led me up to his dorm. Before I knew it, we were on his bed. His lips were glued to mine but this time with more passion. I kiss back with the same fire.

I rip his shirt off and he's just about to do the same to me when my phone goes off. We tried to ignore it and we only get as far as getting his pants off when my phone goes off again. I groan and pick it up.

You guys don't know how awkward it was to talk to my mother while sitting on a guy with only boxers on. You don't know.

"Asalaam aleykum, amma" I mutter, hoping this gets over, climbing off of Zachary

"Waleykum salaam" She says cheerfully, as if she hasn't ruined the best part of my life "Kesi ho?"

"Tikh hoon" I reply, the aura around me awkward

"Kiya hora hai? Itni down kyun ho ri ho? Sab tikh hai nah?" She asks me, worried

"Ji" I say quickly "Sab--"

"Come back, babe. I'm aching for you" Zachary lustfully. Unfortunately, it was loud enough for amma to hear

"Myra!" I hear yell from the other end.

Shit.

"Kon hai yeh tumhare saath?" She presses "Yeh kya aching w-aching hora hai?"

"Kuch nahi. Kuch nahi" I hurriedly reply "Acha meh chalti hoon. Allah Hafiz"

"Myra! Myra!" I leave her yelling at me. I can only imagine what's going on over there.

I glumly walk over to the bed, the passion all dried out and say to Zachary:

"I'm sorry, I can't do this" I begin apologetically "I can't do this... not now. I'm not ready. I'm sorry".

Even if he was irritated by this, I didn't see it as I put my clothes back on insecurely. He tries to convince me not to leave, but it doesn't work on me because I just feel out of it. I have to deal with my family now.

As I open the door, I hear him yell my name.

"Listen" He tells me "I'm not using you, I actually really like you. Go out with me? Be mine?" I hear him ask hopefully.

I bite my lip, contemplating an answer when his bright smile flashes into my head. I whip around and kiss him, hoping he knows what my answer is.

He pulls back, looks at me and asks "That's a yes, right?"

"Of course, you dumbfuck" I laugh as he kisses me again.

*

A/N

Hope you like it! Myra has a boyfriend, Myra has a boyfriend! Who else is excited?

Glossary:

Asalaam aleykum : Greetings

Waleykum salaam: Reply of greeting

Tikh hoon: I'm good

Kiya hora hai? Itni down kyun ho ri ho? Sab tikh hai nah?  : What's happening? Why do you sound so down? Is everything okay?

Ji : Yes

Sab : Everything

Kon hai yeh tumhare saath? : Who is with you?

Yeh kya aching w-aching hora hai? : What is this aching w-aching going on?

Kuch nahi. Kuch nahi: Nothing. Nothing

Acha meh chalti hoon. Allah Hafiz: Okay I will go now. Goodbye.

Kalma: An assembly of words that is the identity of a Muslim.