Meeting The Parents~ Josh Dun

*y/d/n is your dad's name*

Josh's pov

    As we get in the car, I squeeze Y/n's hand for support. She looks over to me as she buckles her seatbelt and turns on the car.

    "You'll be fine; They're going to love you." Y/n plants a kiss on my cheek. I let out a nervous sigh and buckle in my seat belt.

    So, Y/n is taking me to meet her parents. Long story short, I am absolutely terrified. Y/n has told me about how her parents handle new boyfriends, which isn't terrible, but we're staying there for a few nights.

    "What if they hate me and make me sleep at a hotel? How am I going to sleep without you next to me?" I begin rambling. Y/n goes onto the highway, a small smile playing on her beautiful lips.

    "Josh, please calm down. They will love you, alright?" Y/n says, rubbing small circles on my hand.

    "I'm sorry, baby. You know I'm just terrified." I admit, blushing and looking down at our hands.

    "I get it, I was just as scared when I met your parents." Y/n says, smiling at the memory.

*Time skip cuz I'm lazy*

    "We're almost there, baby." Y/n says, lightly shaking my arm to wake me up.

    "Oh, shit." I say, flipping the mirror to fix my hair. Y/n laughs and pulls into a driveway.

Y/n's pov

    You pull into your parents driveway, good and bad memories flooding your mind. Josh is frantically trying to somehow make himself look even better. You put the car in park and turn his head to look him in the eyes.

    "Josh, listen," You say, kissing his nose gently, "Please calm down. You're overreacting, they're going to love you."

    He cracks a small smile and pecks your lips, unbuckling his seatbelt and pressing the button to pop the trunk. You click the seatbelt and turn off the car, walking to the back of the car to help Josh with the bags.

    "I've got it, princess." Josh says, carrying all of your things to the front porch. You roll your eyes at Josh's stubbornness, with a smile of course.

    You quickly follow, knocking on the door. You hear the dogs barking and your mom screaming to your father that she'll get it. Josh gives you a nervous look, so you give him reassuring smile. The door swings open and your mom's eyes widen at the sight of you two.

    "Y/n! I missed you so much!" She exclaims, pulling you into a bone-crushing hug.

    "I missed you too, mommy." You say, hugging back, feeling Josh's eyes on your back. You pull away and your mom looks at Josh.

    "You must be Josh." She says with a warm smile. Josh blushes and looks down.

    "Nice to meet you." Josh says shyly. Your mom moves to the side to let you both in.

    You lead him straight to your room so he can put the bags down. He closes the door and drops the luggage on the floor, looking at you with anxiety pooling in his eyes. You wrap your arms around his waist, smiling at him.

    "You're doing great." You say, resting your head on his chest. Your door opens and you hear your mom clear her throat.

    You both pull away from each other, blushing and slightly embarrassed even though you both were just hugging. "Your father is waiting for you. He's anxious to meet your boyfriend." She says with another smile.

    You take hold of Josh's hand and your mother leads you to the family room. "You guys got a new couch?" You ask, causing your mom to grin at you.

    "Yeah, your father finally let me get a red one!" She replies, and you give her a high five. Since you were about 14, you and your mother always wanted a red couch.

    Josh chuckles and your dad walks into the room from the kitchen. Josh immediately straightens up and keeps a firm grip on your hand. Your father gives you a hug and kisses your cheek.

    "I missed you, dad." You say, pulling away and smiling at him. He smiles at you and then turns to Josh.

    "I'm y/d/n, it's a pleasure to meet you." He says, holding his hand out for Josh to shake. Josh looks at you shocked, but quickly shoots his gaze to your dad and firmly shakes his hand.

    "Nice to meet you, I'm Josh." Josh says, sounding more confident than he looks. But, the only way you can tell is because you've been with him for so long.

    They let go and you and Josh sit on the plush couch, a huge smile plastered on your face.

A/N: GUYS, I ALMOST HAVE 1,000 READS!!!!! HOW? THANK YOU SO MUCH MY BEAUTIFULS!!!! This might be a part 2 if you peoples want it. see you later!

~Tons of love, Cam