Chapter 3

Imperial Palace, Rosetta

1700 hours, May 23rd 1450 A.B.S

In the Imperial palace in Rosetta, High Empress Rosaline Christina Augusta III sat majestically on her throne as she listened to the Representatives from Western Union. Two guards stood by either side of her and watched the men from the Union with unbridled hostility.

She was a symbol of beauty and power at the age of nineteen even after her mother had passed away from illness. She wore a one piece, brown lace gown and a veil that covered her eyes. She had fairly dark smooth skin with pretty long straight black hair like a raven that fell to her waist. Her face was covered but her soothing brown eyes could be seen from the outside.

“We shall not join in the war,” she repeated with authority and the men flinched.

“But your highness, you can’t simply sit back and watch those barbarians in the North gain power,” Representative Thomas Jack pleaded. “It would also be bad for your city.”

“I understand your plight,” she said softly. “But I cannot send my people to die in a war they had nothing to do with.”

“We have Intel you’ve been helping Pirate’s store their ships in your shipyards,” Representative Daniel Hughes threatened. “That can make you an enemy of the world.”

“I am sorry to hear that. This is a free region and if there are any such people we will bring them to justice ourselves. Have a good day gentlemen, I have a parade to prepare for.” she said dismissing them and waited until they had left, and the guards closed the door behind them.

She screamed gibberish as she threw her veil on the floor with her face flushed, “Who do those monkeys think they are, threatening me. I have a mind to rip out their balls and… (Due to the intense obscene nature of the following words, we’ll skip over them).” Rosaline cried out as her eyes flashed with then caught her breath as she calmed down.

She stomped off to her room, ignoring the fussing maids and shut the door behind her. The walls of her room were pink which always made her want to puke. A queen sized bed with pink curtains spun at the centre of on a rotating platform. Plushy pink dolls littered the floor and she stepped on them as she went into her closet which was where her real room was.

Her closet was the size of a commoner’s bedroom but it was more than enough for her. The walls were red and posters of ships and maps filled the room. A small bed and a desk were all that were in the room but they were more than enough for her.

More than anything, she wanted to fly into space but because she had been born a princess, all her dreams had been shattered. Then those damned Union dogs had come next to try and force her people into war which had only worsened her situation. She flung herself onto the bed and buried her head in her pillow.

After her episode of self-pity was over, she locked her closet and sat down on the disgustingly pink bed and let the maids into her room. She silently followed them to the bath house and let them scrub her entire body. They dried her off and dragged her back to her room where they ran around, picking clothes for her to wear before settling for a chocolate brown Cinderella gown with matching brown elbow gloves and an annoying high heel. They put on the dreaded make up and Rosaline sighed as she settled into her role as the ‘sweet princess’.

-----

Phoenix entered into Imperial airspace and immediately a transmission came through.

“Unknown, this is an unscheduled entry into Imperial airspace. State your name and purpose for visit,” a female voice announced.

“This is Captain Sora Hawk of Phoenix speaking. We would like to resupply our ship and carry out maintenance,” Sora replied. He and Crow had agreed a long time ago that when they became Pirates they would add their names together to form the Captain’s name. April had frowned at the name: Sora Crow, so they had decided Sora Hawk was much better.