Chapter 8

“You… You’re a…” Jack stammered, shocked by Tau’s eyes. “How? You’re supposed to be dead.”

“You didn’t really think it would be possible to wipe us all of did you?” Tau replied coldly.

“Hmm, interesting,” Jack said in a tone that suggested otherwise. “seems I have to actually fight seriously. What a pain” he moaned.

“Tsk, you really are annoying,” Tau spat, “I’ll wipe that look of your face.”

“Okay kid,” Jack sighed, “Come”

Tau’s eyes furrowed in irritation and he suddenly shot off the ground towards Jack with frightening speed, where he jabbed continuously with his tonfas.

“Hmm, you’re pretty fast,” Jack acknowledged as he dodged Tau continuous jabs without a sliver of effort. “You’re basics are pretty good…” he said as he jumped above Tau’s kick to his legs, “You’d probably be high ranking in most armies,” he said and caught the tip of Tau’s tonfa, halting the young man’s charge. “but you lack actual combat experience,” he chided and punched Tau in the gut, causing him to cough up blood.

“Didn’t think you were the talkative type,” Tau huffed as he doubled over. “But you’re already in my trap.”

“Hmm?” Jack hummed, but his eyes widened when a red glow emanated from the tip of the tonfa he was holding.

Gunjin bakudan!!!” Tau yelled and the tonfa exploded with a loud bang and a cloud of smoke in Jack’s hand.

Tau stood up slowly and stumbled towards the exit as the cloud of smoke dissipated behind him.

“Not bad kid,” Jack said through the smoke, freezing Tau in his tracks.

Tau turned slowly, fear dripping down his body in the form of cold sweat. “I… I.. Impossible,” he stuttered when the smoke cleared and Jack stood there completely unscathed by the blast.

“Interesting technique,” Jack said as he dusted his jacket, “You “Gentiles” are really something else. Tell me…”

“Shut up!” Tau roared in anger, “Don’t you dare call us that!”

“Ooh, scary,” Jack jeered in a monotone, “My bad. Gilians is it? From the once noble planet Gilian; now nothing but space dust.”

“I. Will. Kill. You,” Tau threatened with emphasis on every word as he lunged once again at Jack.

“Ahh,” Jack sighed, “seems I have to end this quickly,” he said and gripped his right wrist with his left hand as he spread his legs apart in a crouch. “Kaihō” he chanted and Tau would be haunted by what followed for a long time.

Empire flagship, Imperium.

“How long until we intercept them?” Commander Jacobson asked, as he walked into the Imperium’s bridge; the flagship of the Empire.

“ETA twenty minutes, Mobile suits ready for launch sir?” one of the navigators answered nervously.

“Relax kid,” Jacobson soothed with a smile, “We’re coming back alive.”

“Yes sir!” he replied with a salute and returned to his screen with a determined look in his eyes.

“Lauch all mobile suits. All suits enter Delta formation once out. We lack their firepower so we can’t draw out this battle. The enemy has faith in his firepower so he’ll attack us head on. On my signal, launch operation Angel’s wings. Let’s show those Union pigs that they can’t just do what they want in our turf. Glory to the Empress!” Jacobson ordered to the entire fleet.