The Ruler of the Universe

Cheetahs were fast and agile, graceful with their movements and quick with their feet. Percy was not a cheetah. Far from one, if anything. He hissed in pain when a branch scraped across his arm, leaving a long red gash. Riptide was dangling from his waist, and normally, the pen would feel light, like a feather, barely anything on Percy's body. But now, the sacred sword was a heavy burden, making Percy's feet feel heavy and his shoulders sagged.

Panic bubbled in Percy's chest. Where would he go? All his stuff was back at Camp Half-Blood, a place he could no longer call home. Meaning he couldn't contact his mom, nor Paul. And judging by the stars in the sky, he had no idea where he was going.

"Lost, are we now?"

The tension in the air was very noticable, Percy's Adam's Apple bobbing up and down, posture stiff and eyes hazy. His fingers lingered to Riptide, trembling as he grasped the hilt. He gulped, swallowing his fear. "Who's there?"

Surprisingly enough to Percy, a large deer came out of the bushes, tall antlers and dark, glimmering eyes. The grip on Riptide had loosened, but Percy's stance was still that of uncertainty. Eyes flitting to the shadows lurking in the trees, Percy shifted his weight, before the deer pounced. As tired as Percy had been, the adreneline pumping through his veins allowed him to counterattack, sinking the blade into the thigh of the deer. Panting, he yanked the blade out of the flesh, sprinting away to a safe distance, catching his breath.

"Surely, you could do better than that, could you not?"

Flinging his head up, Percy's eyes widened at the sight of the same deer, coat still golden with not even a speck of blood on it. Staring open mouthed at Riptide, he caught his breath. There was a crack. Collapsing to the ground, Percy scanned his precious blade, he trailed his finger across the line, face blank and emotionless. Flabbergasted, he stared at the creature again, clutching the hilt of the blade yet again, charging with a battle cry. The deer did not even flinch as the blade struck its coat, instead eying Percy the entire time.

Jumping back after his last attack, Percy clutched his side, dropping Riptide on the ground, eyes wide as saucers. His lips had managed to form words, even if they were intelligble. "H-how."

The deer simply bounded over to the boy, towering over his figure. Satisfied at the damage done to Percy's sword, his eyes bore through Percy's soul. "Give it up."

Trembling, eyebrows furrowed in confusion, Percy muttered, "W-what?"

The deer had vanished, in its place, a tall figure, cold and steely eyes staring down at Percy. "Break it. Give it up," the voice boomed, thick and husky.

Percy's breath hitched. "Break i-it?" His eyes lingered on the glint of the moonlight when it struck Riptide, distorted by the crack running from its side. Percy stayed silent, his bresthing lightening as he put his head down, taking hold of Riptide, and shakily standing on his feet. "No."

The only sound heard after Percy had uttered those words, was the sound of glass shattering.