Practice Makes Perfect

Alpha POV/

It has been at least 2 days since father and Omega have returned. I must say though, there seems to be some turmoil back in Camp Half-Blood, from all the gossip I've been hearing. It may be Omega and Father...

Skylar POV/

Little Omega has been gone for quite a while. I am starting to worry greatly. I think it is time for Alpha and I to go to Earth. Omega may be there.

End POV/

The boy is an outstanding warrior. I have been watching him since he went to Earth, and I must say, I'm impressed. I must tell Gaia about him, he will make a fine warrior in the Giant War.

Omega POV/

Very rarely, I feel some sort of pull, guide me toward the daughter of Athena. What did she do to me?

Annabeth POV/

Omega is making us train. His training is brutal on mortal bodies, though he takes this as a piece of cake. "Hurry up, you numbskulls!" He hollers as we finish our 30th lap around the camp. I feel like collapsing, but I know I can't. "Pair up, or I'll pair you up for you," he snarls.

Omega POV/

I hear a whine. "My partner is weak! I only want to battle strong people." The girl. It is that foolish daughter of Athena. I smile. "You will be my partner."

Annabeth POV/

I needed him to remember our first battle. I had to sacrifice myself for him to remember.

Omega POV/

Revenge. "Watch our demonstration, weaklings," I growl. She will have no sword fighting skills, I just know it. Before I say go, the girl is within my radius preparing to slash at my knees. I dodge, her every move being predictable. I tease her by running around her and hitting her where she is not defended.

Then, she does something so stupid.

She trips backwards and lets her dagger fly right into my hands. I pin her to the ground, her own dagger against her throat. She coughs.

I could kill her right now.

She looks me in the eyes. "Do you remember, Percy?" She whispers.

I falter. Do I remember? Her storm grey eyes. Her soft blond hair. I...I remember.

"Annabeth?" The name just flew out of my mouth.

She caresses my face. Then everything is black.