Chapter 11

"Is that the last box"? Justine said in a sad tone. I turned around and pulled her into a tight embrace. I was thankful for everything that she and Larry had done for Kennedy and I.

As I pulled away I noticed the tears that had fallen from her face. My heart weakened. I never like to see a woman cry, no matter the circumstance.

"Oh come on Justine. We aren't going far" I chuckled a bit. She wiped the remaining tears that had fallen and smiled.

"But who will I make cookies for? And read a bed time story to?" she sniffled. We both shared a laugh.

"She can still come over anytime you want. You're always welcomed Justine"

"I know Shawn. I am so proud of you" she said pulling me into another tight embrace. I sighed and removed myself from her embrace.

"You two can visit anytime. The doors are always open" Larry said as he walked Kennedy out of the house.

"Thank you" I mouthed. I picked Kennedy up and placed her on my hip

"Wave bye bye to grammy and papa" I whispered to her.

"Why we leaving"? She asked in confusion

"Because daddy saved up enough money and we are living in a new place" Kennedy still didn't understand and I didn't expect her to. As we walked away, she buried her face into the crook of my neck. I could feel my shirt getting wet which let me know she was crying. I placed her in her seat, buckled her up and then removed her hands from her face.

"You can see grammy and papa anytime you like. I promise" I kissed her forehead.

"Promise" she said sticking out her pinky. I smiled at her gesture.

"Promise" I said as I interlocked her finger with mine. She wiped her remaining tears and before I pulled off she was asleep.

The drive to my new apartment took about fifteen minutes. It's been about five months since I started working with ol' dude. I managed to save enough money to find a nice two bedroom apartment. Because I have a steady income I am now able to put Kennedy in daycare. A few weeks ago, with the help of Beyonce I was able to purchase a used car. Things were starting to look up and I couldn't be any happier.

With the help of Justine and Larry I was able to decorate Kennedy's room. I can't wait to see her face when she see's it.

"Alright munchkin we're here" I announced as I pulled into the parking space. Kennedy looked at the building with bright eyes. Granted, I wasn't making A LOT of money but it was enough to move into a decent neighborhood. I watched as Kennedy quickly unbuckled herself and got out of her seat.

I opened her door and she hoped out. I laughed at her enthusiasm. I grabbed her hand as we entered the building. As I expected, Beyonce was waiting in the lobby.

"You're on time for once" I said as I nudged her shoulder.

"Whatever ass- Shawn" she laughed when she eyed Kennedy staring at her.

"BB" Kennedy squealed. Beyonce could do nothing but laugh. Over the past few months Beyonce and I have gotten a lot closer. Not romantically but as friends. We share everything. I know her likes, dislikes, turn on, turn offs and everything in between. I am grateful for her friendship and would never jeopardize that.

"You ready"? Beyonce asked as she dangled the keys in my face

"How did you even get those"? She smirked and walked away. When we reached my apartment Beyonce handed me the keys. I was anxious to see what Beyonce had done with the place. I had given her money to help decorate because I certainly could not and would not do it. Besides she insisted.