Chapter 12

It's been about two weeks since Shawn and I last spoke. I was missing his friendship like crazy but I knew his decision to fall back was for the best. I was putting my relationship with Omari on the backburner and that shouldn't have never happened. Speaking of Omari, I'm not exactly sure what I said or did but he's been acting pretty weird lately. He's so short with me. He's very distant.

I feel bad but then again, he won't talk to me so I don't know what he's even thinking. The clicking of the locks jerked me from my thoughts. I knew it was Omari coming home from work. When he entered the foyer he looked so drained and tired.

"Hey baby" I said as I walked over to him. He had dropped his briefcase by the door and took a seat on the brown leather chair that was located in the living room. I sighed when he didn't immediately respond. I was tired of these games. If I did something, why can't he just be upfront with me?

"How was work"? I asked trying to make conversation.

"It was work" he responded in a cold tone.

"Omari, what is up with you? All week you've been giving me the cold shoulder and I'm tired of it". I said in an aggravated tone.

"You're tired of it? Beyonce let's not even go there" he removed his tie, suit jacket, and shoes before getting up.

"What is that supposed to mean"? I said as I followed him up the stairs and into our bedroom.

"Forget it"

"That's the problem with us Omari. You don't want to talk about anything. You always blow me off and then you think sex can fix it"

"Beyonce I don't want to argue with you. It's late and I'm tired" he said as he changed into a pair of sweats and a black tee.

"So because you're tired, I'm supposed to let this go?"

Omari sighed and walked towards her. He didn't want to have this conversation. He knew that this could either make or break them. He didn't want to lose her.

"Do you love me"?

"You know I do" I answered truthfully.

"Say it" he said in a rather demanding tone.

"Is that what this is about? You don't think I love you?" I questioned

"You have a funny way of showing it" he said with a hint of sarcasm in his voice.

"Excuse me"?

"You heard me B. You wanted to have this conversation, well let's have it. I feel like I'm the only one trying in this relationship. You constantly bitch and complain about 'commitment' and 'marriage' but yet you're busy drooling over some guy that you hardly know. You don't respect me or this relationship Bey. I have been nothing but faithful to you. Do you know how many bitches throw themselves at me? I've never acted on anything Bey because I love you and respect you. Since we've been together I haven't talked to one female that was outside of my family. But you- you slip out of bed to facetime another nigga, spend most of your time with him and his child, and then come home acting like shit good with us".

I was shocked and completely taken aback by what he had to say.

"Oh you don't have shit to say now huh"? he spat after silence filled the room.

"I have never cheated on you. I've been faithful"

"Physically yes, but emotionally you haven't. You're head and heart are in two different places Bey."

"I don't have feelings for him" I almost shouted.

"Who are you trying to convince"? he asked.

"I'm not trying to convince anyone. Shawn and I are friends"