Spring

Really long chapter (making up for the last one.), feel free to take breaks, but please return :)

"Shit, Shit, Shit, Shit," Feyre muttered under her breath, furiously stalking down the hallways. Her hands pressed to her ears, trying to block out the world so she could just think.

'Feyre.' her mate's voice sounded in her heart, firm and strong. Feyre didn't respond, she had to figure this out on her own. No matter how much Rhys begged she wouldn't leave until her job was done.

'Feyre, please, are you okay?' She lowered her hands from her ears, and breathed in and out, her heart slowing from its rapid pace. It seemed Rhysand hadn't remembered either.

'I'm fine Rhysand.' she said, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

'It didn't feel like that.' he replied, his voice laced with intensity that promised to destroy anyone who hurt her.

Something in her squirmed at lying to him like this, but Feyre knew if he realized what she was so panicked about he would come immediately to take her home. 'I'm fine, really, I just got surprised.' she insisted, checking her mental shields, then blocking him out completely.

20 Minutes Earlier

Feyre returned to her room, her heart still rapid from the anxiety her spying caused her. For the last hours she had sat by the window in the hallway, violating the minds of anyone who passed, searching through their thoughts and memories for a solution- a warning. She tried not to invade their thoughts too much, and she would only brush against the consciousness of the servants. Not only was she drained, she felt filthy, she would stumble upon the most private of thoughts and memories, things she knew, if she desired, she could destroy them with. Feyre never realized how obscene the mind was, until she went sneaking around in others, she tried not to judge people for the things they had thought. In the end, she just wanted to take a bath and sleep.

Feyre clicked the door shut behind her, afraid if she was loud someone would come and disturb her peace. She sat on her bed, trying to untie and pull off her boots as quickly as possible. She pulled her foot from her shoe, finally feeling relaxed, and very optimistic about the upcoming hours. She reached down to start on the tie of the next boot, there was a knock on the door and she jolted up. Feyre knew whose knock it was, more of a pound really, it was the last sound she wanted to hear now.

Tamlin didn't wait for her to reply before swinging the door open, she ground her teeth at this, but put on a fake smile.

"Hello Feyre." he said sweetly, something in her stomach churned.

Feyre looked into his eyes, trying to mimic his ignorant sweetness. She was still determined to have her night of relaxation, "Tam, can we talk later? I'm tired and I want to take a bath."

Tam's smile grew broad enough to show his fangs, he took two delicate steps forward grabbing her hand from the sheets. "Maybe I can join you?" he suggested, lifting her hand to his lips. She wanted to snatch it away, but she swallowed the bile that stung her throat and allowed him to plant a kiss on her knuckles.

"What did you come here for, Tam?" Feyre said avoiding the question completely. He lowered her hand from his mouth

Tamlin's pale eyebrows scrunched together, "Am I not allowed to visit you?"

He needs to think you still love him, she reminded herself, she didn't want Celaena to have to come rescue her again. She raised his hand to her lips, lightly brushing her lips on his fingers, Feyre tried the immerse herself in the mind of human her, the one who had been blindly in love with him, the man who had pulled her from poverty's prison just to throw her into another.