Demons » 02

The two lovers left the plantation house, and it took Rebekah seconds to realize what had just happened. While she seemed unfazed, she was.

It was her curse, Rebekah Mikaelson was the girl who loved too easily.

What she really wanted was a family, one of her own. She knew it was never possible, seeing as she was immortal and couldn't give birth to a child. Even if she found a way, who could guarantee that Klaus would let her live her life with a family of her own? The past surely showed her, Niklaus only cared for himself, cared that he wasn't alone. And to be frank, he wouldn't let his little sister have happiness without him. Niklaus would never stop being Klaus.

An emotionless shield was placed upon her face as she got up from the couch. Spotting Hayley standing on the stairs. She pointed towards her, "you. Wolf girl, I'm going to search this house inch by inch until I find out what my evil brother has done to my good one, you're helping."

***

Instead of following Klaus, Louise went to explore New Orleans a bit. Of course, she'd been here before but it had been years since she'd seen the city.

A blonde woman in the street caught her eye, the female was having a conversation with a local when she stumbled by. Louise let out a curse as she almost bumped into multiple people. This caught the blonde's eye and she turned to the brunette. A friendly smile was on her face as she greeted the brunette, "Hi! You look lost, are you new to town?"

Louise looked up, a shy smile creeping on her face. "Sorta. I've been here before but it feels like forever ago." Something flashed in Camille's eye, as if she remembered something. As she heard this she thought of the man she met not too long ago, Elijah Mikaelson. He had said something similar to this. The woman didn't act on her thought, not wanting to jump to conclusions. Instead the friendly smile still warmed her face.

Adjusting her bag on her shoulder, the blonde held out her hand, "I'm Cami," the sane smile on her face, "maybe I can show you around?"

Shaking her hand she nodded, her brown curled her bouncing as she did. "I'm Louise. And I'd love that." 

***

Back at the plantation house, Rebekah and Hayley were walking down a spiral staircase. The look for her brother was important to her, and as she thought she would only stay for finding Elijah, future events would prove otherwise.

"The governor had lots of secret rooms, let me show you his favorite," Rebekah revealed to the werewolf. The two supernatural creatures arrive in a dusty, cobwebbed cellar and Hayley notices the coffins which lay in the room. The coffins were what Klaus had stored his family in after he daggered them.

A gasp left the brunettes mouth as she looked closer, "you think Klaus killed him."

Rebekah rolled her blue orbs at the oblivious girl as she avoided eye contact. "We can't be killed, silly girl. That doesn't stop Klaus from finding ways to torture us. He has a set of mystical silver daggers. One in the heart sends us into a deep slumber. Klaus gets his jollies from keeping us in a box, until he decides to pull the dagger out. That must be what he's done to Elijah. This one's mine."

Hayley was gaping by the time Rebekah was done speaking, she replied incredulously, "he keeps your coffins on standby."

The blonde shrugged it off, "he likes to be prepared for when his family members inevitably disappoint him. Elijah's isn't here - he must have stashed him elsewhere." The original concluded and turned back to the pregnant werewolf.

"I feel sick," was her reply. While Rebekah felt pity for this girl she didn't show it.

"Welcome to the family love. You should've run the second you realized Elijah was gone." The words Rebekah spoke frightened Hayley, if Klaus was capable to do this to family what would he do to some girl who meant nothing to him.

"Yeah, well, the witches have put some sort of hex on me. As long as I'm carrying this baby, I can't leave New Orleans. If I do, they kill me," She revealed to Rebekah and the original gave her advice.

"Well, knowing Klaus, he's got a coffin for you the second you give birth to whatever is cooking in your tum. I'm leaving after I find Elijah. Being daggered in a box for decades sucks, trust me.  You best find a way to break that hex and run."

Rebekah leaves to continue the search for her brother and Hayley stays in the cellar contemplating what the Original just said.

***

Klaus enters a bar and spots Marcel drinking. He approaches the table with a smirk. "Well this is a far cry from last night's party."

Marcel chuckles at Klaus's statement but keeps his eye on Camille O'Connell. "Ah. In pursuit of the bartender from Rousseau's, I see."

The younger vampire turns to his mentor, "she's a work in progress." Marcel was ready to drop the subject but Klaus carried on, trying to find information he could use against his friend.

"And yet here you are, pining over her when you should be eating her for lunch. Oh, she must be special." He taunts the younger vampire but Marcel just dodges his attempts.

"Business first."

***

Louise noticed the bar that Cami mentioned and smiled to herself. Spotting Cami inside, she enters the place just as Cami checks her watch and starts gathering her stuff. "Oh! Hey, Lou," The blonde greeted as she looked up.

The brunette waved in return, and they both headed towards the exit. Louise nearly gasped as she saw Klaus standing infront of the door and she looked towards to table where a dark skinned man sat. He seemed to be observing, watching what Niklaus was doing. The brunette vampire turned back to her old flame to see him conversating with the bartender.

Deciding to tune into the conversation, luckily she didn't need vamp hearing. "Excuse me love, what is that you are studying?" Klaus asked.

Cami, not knowing of his plans replied "abnormal psychology."

Louise noticed his blood red lips tug up slightly, into almost a smirk. "Abnormal psychology, well. Perhaps you can help me diagnose my friend over here. He's been a little depressed, can't keep his mind off a girl. He tells me she's a queen, fit for a king." He looks over at Louise, causing her to scoff quietly realizing what he's attempting. "I think he should cut his losses and move on. What's your, professional opinion?"

Cami looks over at Marcel, knowing this was the friend Klaus was talking about. "Be a nice guy, and maybe the opportunity will present itself someday."

Marcel stutters for a moment, trying to form the words. "How about tonight, 9 o'clock. I'll meet you right here?" He offers.

She smiles slightly, "I'll take it under consideration." Turning to Louise, she gives her a look and the two leave. But the vampire of the two hears Klaus's last statement, "I daresay, I've lost my touch. Or you've lost yours." Rolling her eyes at his comment she catches up with Cami.

Ew. Okay. I feel like this update is so horrible. I really wanted to update because my last update on this book was on like the 19th of December. But omg. This update kills me.

I was gonna make it longer, but why add to the trash.

UGH I'm so sorry if this is terrible.

Bleh,

Alex.

P.S. I've started a ff for the 100 which you should totes check out.