Demons » 03

Sorry in advance for the long wait on this book. I've lost motivation for everything recently, and because of that, it's been over a month since I've updated. I hope at least some of you are still reading this. THIS IS UNEDITED BTW BC ITS 3:38 A.M. AND I NEED SLEEP. Witness how great I am at writing, even sleep deprived:

The werewolf walked down the street in the French Quarter, she wasn't meant to be there, she knew that, but as soon as she did this one thing she was free to leave.

Leave the plantation house where she was kept practically prisoner.

Freedom isn't what caused her to do this though, it was rather the opposite.

Fear, the enemy of many, it drove people to do crazy stupid things they would soon regret. And Hayley feared for herself, but mainly the baby inside of her.

Seeming to find the shop she had made this life risking visit for, the brunette stops in her track. "Hey. Hey!" She called out the the shopkeep, stopping her as she was about to leave.

The darker toned girl looks up for a second before muttering, "we're closed, sorry."

Hayley, however, didn't budge as she stood in her spot telling herself it was now or never. "I just need one teeny, tiny herb. Please?" The werewolf practically begged knowing this was the only way to help her child.

The woman looked considering and sighed, "what herb?" She couldn't keep from wondering; why it was so important it couldn't wait?

Almost surprised she asked, Hayley stuttered out an answer, "uh-crushed aconite flower."

The witch's eyes widened in the slightest, "wolfsbane? That's a poison. You planning on killing a wolf?" She inquired attempting to find out why she'd want the herb.

Hayley's hand want to the unnoticeable bump on her stomach, the witch's eyes following soon after, "just a little one." She informed weakly, not entirely sure with her decision.

Now or never, she reminded herself. It's for the baby, it's for the best.

Hayley Marshall didn't think a baby growing up in a family like the Mikaelsons was okay. No one deserved that, plus it came with a lot of baggage.

Why should her baby be condemned to such a fate as this?

The woman nods, "okay give me a minute." She agrees, though her intentions aren't as pure as she made them sound.

Going into the shop, she returns seconds later with a phial in her hand. "Cut it with jimson weed. A few drops in some hot tea-that should do it."

Pulling out some money, Hayley hands it to her, paying for the herb but the woman declines. A frown on her face, "it's an ugly town for wolves. You're doing the right thing." She reassured, rejecting the money once again.

The words should have urged Hayley to do it, but she didn't find clarity in what she had said. It's an ugly town for wolves? Well then she'd defend her child every time she had to. But the werewolf walked away, the witch watching her as she pulled out her cellphone, calling someone.

"Hey wanna gain some points? Tell Marcel there's a werewolf in the Quarter."

*
*
*

"I'm gonna marry you someday."

"I'd never marry someone who couldn't best me in a duel."

🌠🌠🌠

"Rebekah Mikaelson. Come to teach me another lesson? Last time I saw you, Royal Street was burning and you were all fleeing from the city from your daddy." Marcel claimed, approaching the heartbroken girl who stood on the balcony, looking at nothing in particular.