Lollipop.

Tessa's POV

"That bird is gorgeous don't you think so?" I point at the bird flying outside the window. Dr Martinez smiles and nods. "I want to be free like it."

"You will be one day." He lied. I knew that he did.

"Bye Doctor, thank you for treating me." Today was his last day, and a new doctor will come in today.

"Goodbye, Tessa. I know you will recover." He twisted his wedding ring, excusing himself, he left the room. I always wished for a love that would last through my life. What did I get?

I kissed him, my lips on his brought life in me. My hands played with his hair while his roamed on my body. Pushing me against the wall he went to pull my shirt, when I felt the sudden need to empty my stomach. The nusea made me push him and run towards the washroom.

This week, I had fainted twice this week, when Sam took it too seriously I just asked him to forget it. I had lost a few kgs too. And now I vomited the third time. I felt his hand rubbing my back while the other held my hair away.

20 minutes later, Sam handed me a cup of green tea and sat next to me. "We need to go to the doctor. I think you might be pregnant." He had a smile on his face.

Sam was my fiancee from 2 years and we were to get married in two months. I thought of the possibility of having a life in me.

So here we are a week later with my reports in the doctors hand. Sam wanted to go to the doctor rather than letting me take a test. And here we had the results.

"I am sorry, but she has leukemia."

And in a week, Sam had left me, when I needed him the most and now after a year of treatments, I had become a permanent patient in the Main Hospital.

I heard people talk around 'Isn't she just 24?' 'Tesaa Darein, that sweet girl.' 'There is no hope.'

I had accepted long back that I will not survive, if there is no cure, then why hope. I hear the door open and a man enters. He couldn't be a day more than 25, his eyes shining with happiness. His eyes were a darker shade of lilac. His hair were black, which were nicely made up.

"Hello, doctor." I greet him. He sits next to my bed and smiles at me.

"So.."

"Tessa."

"So Tessa, how's your condition?" He asks me, highly unprofessional.

"Well except the ever growing WBCs and it killing me slowly, I am doing just dandy." I said sarcastically. This guy is different than most of my doctors.

"Would you like a lollipop?" He hands me a lollipop and I take it, why not.

"Thank you, so what's you're name?" I ask him. Before he could reply the door opened and came in another man with a doctor's coat on.

"Ray, please go back to your room, the doctor is there waiting for you." The guy gave me his hand, "I am Richard Flenson, your new doctor.

-----------------------

A month, a whole month had passed by with my meeting with Ray and Everytime he came close to making me laugh and yesterday he had achieved it.

Everyday he came to my room and left with giving me a lollipop. The stick always had a paper wrapped around it with a sweet message.

And as time went by I came closer to having a light, hope that maybe I will survive, that maybe I will have my happily ever after, that maybe I will have my love. But maybe I was hoping too much. Ray too was ill, his heart had three holes.