Red

Rachel's POV

I feel his arms around me, his hand on my mouth. "Be quiet." He whispered. I didn't dare speak a word. I didn't dare move a muscle. I didn't dare open my eyes.

His body gave me warmth and his hold gave me comfort, in a situation in which I could be killed any moment.

"Don't worry, Ma'am, we will leave this place without getting you hurt." And the magic broke. Even in this situation I enjoyed his closeness until he said that word, making me remember of our positions. That's what he wanted.

Zion Danier, a handsome young man, who rocked his suit and tie with the usual rock face, is my bodyguard.

Having a politician and former drug dealer as a father bring trouble to me, since I am his only daughter, his only child. And dad's way to deal with it, get me a bodyguard, one he trusted with his soul.
But I couldn't help it, I fell for him, someone who was out of my league. Zion was never more than 10 metres away from me but still, the distance between us couldn't be filled.

I nod, looking around without moving anything other than my eyes. He handed me my red scarf. We were in the forest at midnight, enemy attack made me leave my safe heaven with someone who wouldn't even talk to me other than necessary.

The trees covered us, I could hear the animals, the bugs and the footsteps. I warn Zion but he already seemed to know it. His hold on my waist tightens, pulling me to him.

Before I could feel happy about his actions, I see a man pass by the place we were standing. And my hope dies a little.

Once sure that no one was around, Zion dropped his hand and withdrew his arms, moving back.

When I turn to look at him, he is back to his stiff position.

"I am sorry ma'am to touch you without your permission." He apologized, as if he hadn't.....Forget it Rachel.

"Now what?" I ask him.

"We need to get out of here and somewhere I can get some signal, so we call for backup." He explains his short plan and motions me to walk. I do so and he is next to me.

A sudden voice and I find myself back in his arms. I swear it wasn't my move. At times I felt as if he wanted more just like me, but then his stone face reminded me that our relation was strictly professional.

"Where is she? Alone girl in the jungle, and she has made it so far with 2 men trying to find her? I got the worst men." We hear a voice walk past us, a little distance between us.

"Sir won't be happy." A man commented. And their footsteps fade.

After a few minutes Zion realizes he still did not let me go and suddenly jumps away as if my touch burned him.

"Um...We got to know that there are two people here, and they think you are alone." He speaks and I nodded at him. "I haven't been here before-"

"You bet." I mumble.

"Therefore we should go left, since we came from behind and they might be waiting for us there. Understood?" He asks me. I nod absentmindedly. When I don't move forward, he grabs my hand, "You will be fine."

But I wanted us to be fine. I want us to be something.

For now I was thankful to have him with me. We walked the way trying not to make any noice. Zion had his gun in one hand and my hand in his other.

With each step we took, his came a little closer to me. This was after a long time that he was the one to initiate something. And whenever I tried I was rejected.