Unrequited Love. pt 1.

Venus's POV

"I love you," he kissed her. I stood on the sidelines, watching the lovers. Little did he know that my heart broke a bit more with each word of love in her way. I was truly happy for them. 

Yes, I, Venus Drent, am in love with my best friend's  boyfriend. It was never a sin to love Reece Schultz until he confessed his love for Misty, my best friend. 

I fell for the boy who helped me on my late night projects, the boy who lived next door, the boy who was my first love, the boy who stood up for me, the boy who took the blame on me, the boy who always held the door for me, the boy who drove me to school everyday. I fell for the boy who loves my best friend.

She deserved his love, she needed it. Misty needed someone to be with her through the kind of treatment she goes by, by her family. No matter how much I craved for Reece, I loved Misty more. 

Ironic how my name stands for the Roman goddess of Love and yet here I am, watching my love and not being able to do anything.

So I continued watching them kiss, with a smile on my face, hiding my pain.

-----------------------------

"Venus! Let's get some coffee"I look up and see Jace smiling at me. "Hazel is coming here, wanna join?" 

Hazel is Jace's wife of 3 months. At the age of 28 he looks not a day over 25. His wife was gorgeous, with the height of 5'8, she suits just perfectly with Jace. 

"Sure." I give him a genuine smile. "Let's get Tess with us too." We agree and soon I find myself at the cafe close to our office, with Jace, Hazel, Tess and Grayson. 

"The weather seems to get colder by the minute, don't you think so?" Tess commented, pulling her coat closer, while the others agreed and the conversion carried out.  I sat through it staring at the coffee in front of me, vanilla cappuccino with extra cream, the one he made me drink and get addicted to.

"You haven't tried this?" He asked me, with a shocked expression. I shake my head.

"I find it disgusting." I comment boldly on his taste. 

"You have to try it!" He hands me the cup, taking my hands in his. To him, it meant nothing. For me, it was the highlight of my day. 

"Okay." I agree reluctantly, to see his smile. Taking a sip, I felt awful, my mouth tasted foul. But after that day, he brought a cup for me each morning. And my addiction grew, of the coffee and him.

"Venus, you fine?" I look at a worried Hazel.

"Yeah, I will be leaving early tonight." I take a look at the time and it was already 7, so I said my goodbyes and left for my flat. Walking on the busy streets of Chicago on a Friday night will end up in two ways, either you freeze to death or you will die with sweat, and since it is the cold month of January, I was soo gonna freeze. 

I reach my apartment quick enough, since it was just 10 minutes away from my office, on foot. Entering the flat I saw Love, my cat, sitting on the couch as if she owned the place, which she did. 

It was pathetic, but at least I had Love with me, in a very literal manner

"Hey baby." I pet her, and then put some food for her, in the half full tray. Setting up some food for myself, I go back to the living room and switch on the TV, since it provided background music, while I opened my social media accounts. My fingers itched to search them up, to see how Reece and Misty were doing. 

They would want nothing to do with me, since I just left them.

"I am sorry but I can't go through this anymore." I whisper to a sleeping Misty, with Reece next to her, we had a night in. I grabbed my suitcase and kept it in front of my door as quietly as possible, making sure they don't wake up. Which by the way was very unlikely, them waking up I mean, since we slept at 5 in the morning and it was just 7 AM. I went back inside my room, looking around one last time. I wanted to leave everything behind, but I grabbed one photo frame. 

I see them sleeping so peacefully, that I can't control myself and I go and place a feathery kiss on Reece's lips, which I regretted the next second, since he wasn't conscious and he was my best friend's boyfriend, who by the way slept right next to him. 

I turn away and make a run to the door. My tears fell as I realized again that I am going to leave everything here, my friends, my foster mum (who knew that I was leaving, and she gave me permission after crying for like 2 days), my school, my house, my bestie, and my first love. 

I take a step out of the house, and go straight to my car, loading the luggage in the trunk of my car.

"What are you doing?" I freeze in my spot, as his voice registers in my head. I turn around and see Reece standing there, without a shirt and his hair flying everywhere. 

"I-" 

"Is that a suitcase?" I close the trunk. 

"Thank you for each and every good memory you have given me, from the small smiles to the school rides, and from the cappuccinos to the support when I needed it-" I took small steps back, and he didn't notice until I reached the car door. "Tell Misty that I am very sorry for doing this. I hope you both- that you both have a wonderful future ahead with no obstacles....... Goodbye Reece."  I get in so fast that he has no time to react. Turning the car on, I sped out of the driveway, while I heard him shout my name from behind.

I don't even know how they are doing right now. I changed my number, changed all my accounts, my mail ids. Everything. 

I type in a name I know I will regret. Reece Schultz.

I click on his profile which had him as his profile picture, he changed so much. He looked mature, wiser. I see his relation status.

Single.

What the hell? Him and Misty were perfect. I search for Misty profile, which took me some time, but I got her. Her status?

Married.

She was married to another guy, what did I miss in these 6 years? In the next 3 hours I contacted everyone I knew to get a background about this. 

They broke up like 6 years back.

He left her.

She cheated on him.

I decide to take a daring step and call Misty, getting her number from one of my old friend, who i found out recently.

The phone rings thrice, I am about to cut the call and then I hear a voice.

"Hello, Misty Wilson here." Wilson? She is married, right.

"Hi." I say softly, waiting for her to say something.

"......Venus?" She remembers me. 

"Yes, how are you Misty?"

"Why the fuck did you leave?! You didn't even think I deserved a call? We were friends since we were in diapers and you just FUCKING LEFT ME LIKE THAT?" Her voice cracks.

"I am so sorry, but I had too." I tried to explain.

"Why?" She demanded, sobbing quietly.

"It became too much for me, I was overwhelmed, and I needed to leave. But what the hell happened between you and Reece? You both were so perfect?" I come straight to the point. I know that if Reece had left Misty, she wouldn't be able to cope up.

"He left me." She said, her tune indicating that she is over him. Of-fucking-course, she is after all married.

"Why? Wait don't tell me if you feel uncomf-"

"He left me to go search for you, Venus. He actually loved you." And I dropped the phone.

---------------------------------------

A/N: Hey.

Love, Milk
xoxo