uno

song of the chapter:  Control x Halsey 

  T R O Y E

He did not even stop talking. He was like some fucking talking machine, I swear.

I was trying to hold up my patience and show disinterest in his anticipated conversation about how he had almost killed his pet hamster  when he was seven years old. And then his stupid crinkly eyes would crinkle up at the edges, a stupid grin spreading across his face as he clutched onto his stomach and laughed. Shockingly, none of the students working in the lab or more like trying to plan their satanic ritual of losing their virginity that night were not even bothered by Jacob.

Nobody even looked at him or gave him those weird eyes which they gave me whenever I remotely did something like breathe in oxygen for an instant. And that was so strange, like so damn strange.

To be honest, the only person that seemed to be utterly bothered by him was me. He was just so plain stupid and a rambling mess, everything about him was just yucky to me... well, except his eyes which were just so hazel and glimmered with bright lights. It felt like a millions of galaxies had been embedded in his irises, shining bright and just looking down at me. His eyes were just like a merciful drop of rain on my barren, tristful mind and that somehow was one of the reasons why I actually let him partner with me.

I must have been out of my mind because I found my dead, numb, blue irises searching for the millions of galaxies residing in his hazel eyes, my eyes following each emotion that reflected in those hazel orbs as he spoke about various topics.

And then his eyes met mine as he raised his eyebrow up at me with a sly smirk lingering at the corner of his face.

"Woah, excuse me, were you just looking into my eyes? Well, well, well, you know what, I think you are wifi because we sorta have a connection, hah!" Jacob finger guns at me with a goofy smile as I just look at him in disbelief and disgust. I could not belief that momentarily I was actually thinking that his eyes were beautiful. Well they really are, but that is just a very different case, isn't it?

I shook my head as I mumbled to him, "That was such a bad one."

"Oh come on, it was actually good. Such cheesy, much perfection," he winked at me and I just grimaced at him, shaking my head because I did not know why I was still tolerating with his nonsense and pick up lines.

"Would you please stop with your pick up lines before I change my mind and kick you out because trust me, I would rather work alone than with you," I said to him as I  dissolved the copper sulphate crystals in water before adding ammonium hydroxide to it drop by drop and watch it turn from a colourless solution to a brilliant pale blue colour. It was like magic and I felt like a little kid as I quickly wrote down the observation and something else that I had observed that for the whole time that I was doing the experiment, Jacob was actually quiet and somehow that made me feel weird.

I looked around to see him observing me holding the glass test tube in my petite hands. I actually had not realised how tall he was until now as he hovered over me, his eyes seeking into the pale blue solution.

"Its like magic, isn't it?" he said as he took the test tube from my hand and I did not even say anything because lets be honest, if anyone else would have been in my place, they would have been easily intimidated by the tall weirdo.

He let the pale blue solution stir slightly in the test tube as I watched his eyes. He took more of ammonium hydroxide as I gasped, trying to stand on my tippy toes and get the ammonium hydroxide from him. If he did anything wrong then I would totally mess this up and my grades would drop and then my mum would be absolutely mad at me. She could even kick me out the house because my grades are the only thing that seems important about me to her. Its not that I care anyway but I do not want to be homeless at the age of seventeen.

"Please give it back, Jacob. I swear if something messes up, I would be in great trouble," I pleaded to him in a whisper because I didn't want to draw more attention of the nasty people in my class.

"I know what I am doing," he said to me as he added ammonium hydroxide in excess to the pale blue colour. A few seconds passed before the pale blue solution turned into a bright, inky deep blue solution.

"See, its more pretty now, just like your eyes," he says as he fixes his orbs on me and I just looked down, embarrassed. This was just a whole lot of compliments for me to take on a single day.

"Sometimes you just need to let go and live up and experiment new things, boy," Jacob said with a genuine smile as I bit the inside of my cheek. I should not be affected by his words so much, should I be?

I brushed the thoughts out of my mind and sighed in relief when I heard the bell ring, signalling that it was the fourth lecture. I immediately turned around to pack my things in a rush and as I turned around, I was shocked to see that Jacob had already left the classroom.

I thought that he would be at least waiting for me but I guess it was wrong because we are just lab partners. Nothing more, nothing less. And I am completely okay with that or at least I hoped I was.

heyo, i finally updated a chapter and I am not actually happy with it and i rewrote it many times but I hope you guys at least  were able to tolerate this update lol. I have been a lot busy and stupid lately, I hope everyone else is doing good in this new year

Also, its ZAYN's birthday so happy birthday zaynie boy, i literally cant believe that he grew up so quick omfg,

So goodnight for now, ily take care xx

ciao