Chapter 1: A Task From Royalty

Encré POV:
"ENCRÉ!!" shouted one of the maids, "the King would like to see you..." I slowly walked out of the castle's sculpting room, and trudged towards the throne room. I hadn't slept for what seemed like years because...well being the royal artist, I had tons of sculptures to make and pictures to paint.

"Ah there you are Encré!" he exclaimed. "Hello your majesty, why was I called here exactly?" "Ah! I called you here because I want you to travel on a expedition in the forest with Simon and Orion to study vampires after all...you have had experiences with them!"

"Ok.... When is it? I have a lot of orders..." I asked. "It's tomorrow morning at 7:55  so take the rest of the day off to rest and pack. I'll cancel the orders! Now, go!! He shouted. As I walked through the familiar corridors I suddenly got the feeling that I was being watched... I shrugged it off and continued on my way so I could finally sleep.

My house was nothing special, to be completely honest, it was the opposite.... There were scrapped drawings and paintings everywhere, you see I had no time to clean with the time I had on my hands."Well I guess a little rest won't hurt" I yawned nearly falling onto my bed and instantly falling asleep.

When I woke up I felt good for once in my life, I checked my clock and it read 6:15 I reluctantly left my bed and started to pack for the long long long journey ahead with a guy who never shuts up and his apprentice. "Why do I have to do this" I sighed shoving another small canvas in my bag.

After I had gotten dressed, packed my clothes and art supplies I grabbed a random drawing off the floor and Un-crumpled it, it was a drawing of what I thought the middle of the forest looked like. It was a beautiful clearing with sunlight shining through the varity of trees with their dark green colliding with the bright blue of the sky making a strange minty colour but, that's what made me like it...I dont know why but I somehow did...

(Ok! That was my first chapter I think it's bad but Hope you liked it I'll post chapter 2 soon! Ps: The video is great so plz watch it its by an amazing youtuber called ania da peasant )