Chapter 13

Ali decided to forget Asbah. She probably didn't wanted to avoid him and was creeped out by him flirting with her. It was for his betterment only. He loved Nabiha. How did he even fall for her for even one second? He was disgusted with himself. Now he didn't even care about Asbah. Ali looked out of the window. The sun had set and soon it was going to be night. Old Ali would be discharged the next day. Then he had a lot of questions to ask him.
"Why not ask him now, if there is no one in his room". He walked past the receptionist.
"Where is your pretty acquaintance?"  He called out emphasizing the word acquaintance
"None of your business."Ali muttered through gritted teeth and walked forward. Asbah must have had an enchanting effect on this receptionist too. It looked he too had a crush on her. Who was this girl! The receptionist smirked and then resumed tapping into his keyboard. Ali brushed past the doctor into the room.
"Let's meet me." He braced himself.
He pushed the door open and looked at the old man watching outside the window, smiling and almost nostalgic. His gaze held such awe that Ali gave him a moment or two before bombarding him with his questions.
Ali cleated his throat.

                   Old Ali's POV
"Oh, you are here. You must have a lot of questions for me, I assume?"
"Yes, alot more than you think." Ali said with a challenging tone.
"Great, then bring it on." He sipped his tea.
"I know you are me." Ali declared.
"Easy there, young man. If we look alike, that doesn't mean that I am your future version. This isn't a sci-fi movie."
Ali sighed and took out the old man's wallet and plucked out his Aadhar card and threw it in Old Ali's face. He looked at and his face fell. He had been defeated. Whatever his plan was, it had failed. He took one look at Ali and decided that it was time to tell him everything, but not here. He had already formulated a Plan B.  For his new plan to work, he had to take Ali back to the jungle. He had to avoid Ali now. He knew his short temper, after all, he was also Ali. He did the most sensible thing he could do to make Ali go away.
"Doctor!" He called out.
"What are you-!" Ali staggered and sat there saying nothing when the doctor came.
"What happened, Mr Majnun, everything fine?"
"Nice name, he has given me." Old Ali thought.
"I was just having a splitting headache. Can you give me a Crocin please?"
"Here." The doctor took out a jar from a compartment and took out a tablet and gave it to Old Ali.
"I know he is completely fine by some miracle but still he has to take complete rest and a proper sleep. I suggest you leave your father in peace for sometime. Let him rest a while for now. Talk to him as much  as you want to tomorrow when he gets to leave this prison. I'm sure you can wait." The doctor said with a more stern tone.
"Okay, doc. I can wait." Ali said,gave him the look and left.
"He really loves you, your son." The doctor remarked.
"Yes, after all, he is my only son and I'm his only father." Old Ali said with a grin spread across his face, knowing that his plan B was going on the right track.
He smiled at the thought and wondered if the plan would go according to him all along. After all, the fate of the world depended on him. He had made a long journey to accomplish this. If plan B didn't work, then there was no plan C. Old Ali should have have been more hostile in the forest and done his work there and then. But now, there was no use crying over split milk, a new day came, a new beginning would be formed and history would be altered....