V. Therapy

"So....miss...Patterson, my name is Dr. Oliver Thredson," Thredson said. "We were never formally introduced."

Rose stared at him, flicking her cigarette and taking a puff.

"Why don't we start with some simple questions, shall we?" Thredson asked.

Rose didn't answer.

"What's your favorite color?"

"Red."

"Favorite hobby?"

"Reading."

"Ah, reading! What do you like to read?"

She smiled at him for a moment. "All kinds," she said. "Except romance. Those bore me."

"How ironic," Thredson said. "You are the Dark Mistress. One would think you would enjoy reading love stories gone right."

"Love stories don't go right often, darling," she chuckled.
He adjusted his glasses. "Then why get involved in these relationships? Kill an unfaithful spouse, all for what?"

"Call it what you will," she said softly. "Revenge, feeling of doing right, or maybe there isn't a reason. Maybe I just like to hear them scream." She laughed loudly with a crazed grin on her face.

Thredson looked at her curiously. "I see.."

Her face suddenly became dead serious.

"Don't give me that look. We both know your judging me. You're just jealous cause I've killed more than you have."

He abruptly looked up at her and she smirked, taking a puff of her cigarette.

"I don't know what you're talking about," he snapped.

"Of course you do, Bloody face," she said mockingly.

"Where would you get an idea like that? Kit Walker is Bloody face. Who told you such a thing?"

"You did," she sighed. "Your body language, the demon. And besides Kit Walker does not have the eyes of a killer. You, on the other hand, seem like the kind that enjoy playing with their food."

'They'll think you're crazy," he said. "No one will take the word of a madwoman."

"Who said anything about telling anyone?" she asked.

He looked at her suspiciously. "Then what do you want, Rose?"

She stared at him for the sudden name change, he used her first name. She took a puff of her cigarette.

"What do I want," she said thoughtfully. "How about you tell me why you kill and bring me books to read and I'll tell you what you want to know?"

He looked at her suspiciously.

"It's like you said," she smiled. "No one will take the word of a madwoman. What have you got to lose?"

She held out her hand.

"Deal?"

He cautiously took it.

"Deal."