XIV. Mother's Curse

Oliver gulped, hid Adams apple pressed against the knife. "I-it was supposed to be a surprise," he said softly.

She laughed at that statement. "Well, Oliver, a jolly-ole fucking surprise it was!"

"We can all be happy, Rose. You and I can have a mother, we can be a family. I did this for you, for us."

Rose scowled. "I don't need anyone, especially her being my mommy."

"Rose, you have to understand, I did this because I love you!"

She grimaced, like that statement alone caused her pain. "No, Oliver," she whispered. "You like the idea of me. You just want what's convenient for you. So goodbye. I imagine we won't be seeing each other again." She quickly grabbed the sidetable lamp and smashed it against his head, shards going everywhere as he fell on the floor unconscious. She patted him down searching his jacket, finding keys and a wallet.

Lana was still screaming as Rose unlocked her shackles. "Oh, do shut up," Rose muttered. "And get out of here. Don't say I never did anything for you." She straightened and watched as Lana stumbled and ran to get out of there.

Rose considered torching the place, but couldn't bring herself to do it. So she gathered her things and left with a small bag and no plan in mind, only a goal. Get as far away from Bloody Face as possible.
~~~~~~
Rose stumbled along the road. Her heels clicking under the moonlit sky.

She was tired and starving. Five miles of walking was hell. Her whole body was painfully dragging, and she was sticking out her thumb to see what unlucky person was getting killed for their car.

Then a blue jeep slowly came to a halt beside her and a rather attractive and at the same time terrifying looking man rolled down his window.

"Need a ride, sweetheart?" He winked. He had brown hair and looked like he was into bdsm, seemed like a chill enough dude. She paused for a moment and returned the smile.

"I sure do." She got in the car, slamming the door shut. He gave her a look that she recognized all too well in the men she would lure than kill. Same look Oliver had. All these men ever wanted was her body.

"Where are you headin, doll?"

She bit her lip. That was the question she dreaded cause she had no idea where to go from here.

"The closest airport."

"You running away from something?" He inquired.

"More like someone," she laughed. He nodded, driving off.

"You know, you're different than he described."

Rose glanced at him. "Who?"

"The Raven."

Rose's heart sank in her chest and she felt her whole body go numb with fear. She dashed for the door handle but a rag was already over her mouth, firmly in place. She struggled, kicking at the dash board and window, but felt herself grow more tired and weak as she inhaled the chlorophyll. Her body went limp, sliding into the seat.

"I'm Rodger by the way, love."